MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyPlaza v0.5 (Beta)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have another question >.<;

When users buy different colors and fonts...exactly what do they put in there? HTML Codes? And for the font? I mean there's no error if the thing doesn't work..........
Diamons Wrote:I have another question >.<;

When users buy different colors and fonts...exactly what do they put in there? HTML Codes? And for the font? I mean there's no error if the thing doesn't work..........
For the colour - they need to put a valid HTML colour. Same thing goes for fonts.

As a rule of thumb, imagine adding bbCodes like [color=<COLOUR VALUE>] and [font=<FONT NAME>] around the usernames.

A few points, if it's not working:
1) The plugin requires code edits - either have Advanced Modules properly configured, or manually perform code edits yourself (if Advanced Modules fails, you will be notified when activating the plugin)
2) Like the [font] tag, the end user must have the font installed, or else, they can't render it.
3) There's a possibility that another plugin is overriding things, though I'm doubting this.
From your post you're European? Hence colour rather then color Smile

Anyway, thanks. I figured that was the case and enabled advanced modules already; I'll see how it goes.
Diamons Wrote:From your post you're European? Hence colour rather then color Smile

Australian.
Only Yan... erm, Americans use "color" Toungue
Hey Zinga, got two questions for ya.

I got the mod up, everything worked perfect and was very easy to configure. But, there's one thing I want to add and can't figure it out. I want to add an inventory item that gives you entry to a private forum section. I searched alot of threads to find anyone mentioning this but couldn't find it, though I'm sure you've been asked about it before.

So, is it possible to do this?
If so, would you mind instructing on how to do it?

Thanks a bunch!

EDIT: Also, would it be possible to give the item a time limit? **Assuming the item can be made
TonySkullz Wrote:Hey Zinga, got two questions for ya.

I got the mod up, everything worked perfect and was very easy to configure. But, there's one thing I want to add and can't figure it out. I want to add an inventory item that gives you entry to a private forum section. I searched alot of threads to find anyone mentioning this but couldn't find it, though I'm sure you've been asked about it before.

So, is it possible to do this?
If so, would you mind instructing on how to do it?

Thanks a bunch!

EDIT: Also, would it be possible to give the item a time limit? **Assuming the item can be made
Yes, it's possible with the Buy Into Usergroup module, although that may have some side effects. I'll probably add the ability to allow a Buy Into Secondary Usergroup which should get around this.
Anyways, if the above is suffice, remember all MyPlaza items can have set time limits, both stock wise (applies to all users) and user-based buy limits. (this even allows you to do odd things, ie have stock for Bank Deposits Toungue).

EDIT: Just made a Buy into Secondary Usergroup - hope that helps! http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=58
By time limit I meant an expiration date on the item. On my forum I'm trying to make passes that you have to buy to gain access to certain forums. I wanted to set a time limit on them so I could have day, week, month, and year passes. The passes are for content forums, I was doing this to make forum activity a requirement to access our content.

So after applying what you've made I'd need a way to make secondary usergroups have member time limits in which you're booted out after the specified time period. Possible?

If not I guess I can work around it, but it'd be nice if I could do it.

Thanks a ton for the help! Big Grin
Oh okay, I see what you mean.

No, sorry, this won't be able to remove the access after a period of time.

I do have something similar planned, however.
It's all good, I thought up an alternative, though sketchy. I made a few user groups for each pass type and have the items for each one show, then I'm having my friend make a system to dump the members out of each group at a certain time for each one. Like say for the month pass groups the members get dropped at the end of each month. Just gotta think up a way to make sure people realize this and don't buy the passes a day before the drop. XD

Ehh, I'll figure it out. There's gotta be a good way to do it. Big Grin

And do you now?
*prods into your secrets* >.>
A simple SQL query should do it.
You'll have to tweak it yourself, but you just need to run this every month:
UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup=<UGROUP TO> WHERE usergrup=<UGROUP FROM>
(you need to insert the appropriate GroupIDs above)

EDIT: sorry, that's for primary usergroups, for secondary usergroups, it's a little tricker...