MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyPlaza v0.5 (Beta)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:where do i find the item id then??? or how do i tell my users where to go to find out the "item ID" so they can send items?

you missed this part Big Grin

thank you
If you want to know the Item ID (iid) of an item, you can see it in the link.
In the plaza, hover your mouse over the text of an item. In the status bar, you should see a link, and somewhere in it "iid=<Item ID>"

Hope that helps.
perfect!

these issues should probably be addressed in the next release, if at all possible.

now i gotta explain that to my members lol

but i appreciate it.. thanks!
@Geez: I just tried reproducing your problem, but I wasn't able to. I know PHP 4 is currently having many issues, so I'm presuming you're on PHP 5?
Looking at the code, the only place where you should get the "don't own" error is if the item cannot be found in your inventory.
Are you sure you had 2 items, showing in the inventory, when you tried to send the item to another user? I sort of suspect that, if you're using IE, it could be caching pages...
Try refreshing the page.
If you can reproduce the issue, would you mind giving me a step-by-step on how to do so?
Thanks.

As for your point about image handling in the AdminCP, I really can't do anything about mass item adding. The closest I could come to would be a "quick item adder" linking to some dynamic form generated by Javascript. It's a bit of work, but may be included in a future release (unlikely to be in the next version).
Similarly, uploading images will be held off, as I'll need to make a basic file browser in PHP.

I have added absolute/remote image URL functionality in the next version of MyPlaza however.

Thanks.
Just for your information lol... When i say admin without ftp rights i'm talking about a non super admin... I have more than 1 admin on the forums i maintain... I wouldn't trust them with the ability to delete or edit things on the server or database... hehe Smile

A quick add would be good for those simple items that don't need to change item.png or put in a description or if it don't need an image... Smile
Yeah, I figured. Toungue Geez gave me that idea - thanks.

Also, possibly a quick category adder too.
The main thing I'm worried about is possible clutter... >_>
I mean, you've already got items & categories on one page - might get a bit cluttered with quick category and quick item adding.

Thanks!
The only thing i could suggest would be to merge the 2 category pages we already have... The only difference i see between the 2 is the one contains the "hidden" items and the items from modules where as the inventory page doesn't... Would it be possible to merge them into one Category and Inventory Page?
jcay Wrote:The only thing i could suggest would be to merge the 2 category pages we already have... The only difference i see between the 2 is the one contains the "hidden" items and the items from modules where as the inventory page doesn't... Would it be possible to merge them into one Category and Inventory Page?
They are actually the same page, but a separate link.

The main issue is the design - Inventory items are deletable, whereas, other items aren't. I have to somehow separate the two...

Have any design ideas on this?
Would there not be a way to edit the delete function so it checks an item id before allowing to delete? Then have a function to define item id's that are not allowed to be deleted? So that if a user tries to delete an item that can not be deleted it will show an error message...

Oooor a more simple thing to do would be to edit the item lik eyou have "Hidden" to "Hidden, No delete" or something? hehe
The actual delete function does check whether an item can be deleted or not (it's required if you want to protect against request forging Toungue).

The "no delete" label, well, it's a little, erm... too trustworthy of the admin Toungue
The reason why normal items can't be deleted is because you can't add them again. Modules require items to have a link back to the module - without a link, an item actually does nothing.

So, my issue here is making the front-end nice. If I enable the delete option in the normal Categories & Items page, admins may try to delete undeletable items - MyPlaza won't delete them, but will ignore the issue and continue. Basically, the admin would be directed back, with the item not deleted - which may cause some confusion...