MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyPlaza v0.5 (Beta)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks, its good that I can get the admin cp bit sorted but obviously not being able to reply to new posts is not great so it has to stay deactivated for the time being, which is a real shame!
I'll investigate why it may not be working on PHP 4.x

I haven't really done much testing on PHP 4.x, as it's somewhat outdated, but getting PHP 4.x compatibility shouldn't be too difficult.

Out of interest, what version of PHP are you running?
hmmm however on looking over my hosting account it seems that I should be able to get PHP5 as well, if I transfer to PHP 5 will all my existing scripts (forums, ecommerce etc) go belly up? lol

Have emailed host asking what they can do to help Wink
Is there anyway to show attachments in the myplaza it self. I'm wondering it's an important feature which would be good for the attch fee plugin
Sal Wrote:hmmm however on looking over my hosting account it seems that I should be able to get PHP5 as well, if I transfer to PHP 5 will all my existing scripts (forums, ecommerce etc) go belly up? lol

Have emailed host asking what they can do to help Wink
I really want MyPlaza to be compatible with PHP 4.30 and later - I just haven't done a lot of testing on it. It's just that MyBB will be dropping PHP 4.x support this year, since PHP 4.x is over 3 years old, and PHP 5 offers a fair amount of improvements, as well as operating faster.

As for compatibility, you can refer to this: http://au.php.net/manual/en/faq.migration5.php
(since you're on shared hosting, you won't have to worry too much on the technical installation side, since it's your host's responsibility to install PHP and configure it correctly).
Most scripts will run fine, with no changes. I did notice one script kinda didn't work exactly as planned, when I upgraded from PHP 5.1.6 to 5.2.5, however, nothing broke (for me) when I changed from PHP 4 to PHP 5 (it was actually one of my own scripts >_>).
For MyBB, MyBB will run perfectly fine on PHP 5, so you shouldn't need worry if it's just MyBB. I will say that 99% of existing PHP scripts should work without issue. If you have some eCommerce scripts, and you want to be absolutely certain, you can ask the creator of the script.

Jag100 Wrote:Is there anyway to show attachments in the myplaza it self. I'm wondering it's an important feature which would be good for the attch fee plugin
Hmm, I'll probably add that in the next version...
I'll see what I can do.
I have this problem... When I install all the Plug, it works very well, but when I try to og to The Principal Setting I look this:

Please... Help me...
Hmm, it seems that, for some reason, the settings didn't get added properly...

Hmm, did you reactivate it more than once, or delete the settings group by accident?
If the latter, try deactivating it, then reactivating it.
Yes, i reactive more than once... And I try tu deactive and reactive the Plug but the problem is the same...
Hmm, can you check this?

Go to your AdminCP -> Board Settings -> Change.

Scroll down - are there more than one "MyPlaza Options" in the list? Regardless, what does the (__ settings) say? I presume the number is "0"?
When you deactivate MyPlaza, are the settings group still there?

MyPlaza now checks whether the settings exist before trying to insert it's own settings - this is to ensure that no duplicate settings are inserted, though I do suspect a possibility that somehow, they're being cached across deactivations...

Thanks.