MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Square theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You want to remove the space? or you want to have the space between each post but minor space?
yes, i want the space between the posts to be smaller, i want the post to be closer Big Grin

[Image: ADxol6y.png]
(2014-09-21, 11:15 PM)zaishen Wrote: [ -> ]yes, i want the space between the posts to be smaller, i want the post to be closer Big Grin

Remove the <br /> you add, and search in showthread template something like this:

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder tfixed clear">

the only thing you need to change is "tborder" to "tborder2", something like this:

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder2 tfixed clear">

now, in global.css or square.css add this class:

Quote:.tborder {
background: #fff;
width: 100%;
margin: 3px auto;
}

You can play with the 3px margin until you find the space you want.
(2014-09-22, 12:57 AM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-21, 11:15 PM)zaishen Wrote: [ -> ]yes, i want the space between the posts to be smaller, i want the post to be closer Big Grin

Remove the <br /> you add, and search in showthread template something like this:

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder tfixed clear">

the only thing you need to change is "tborder" to "tborder2", something like this:

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder2 tfixed clear">

now, in global.css or square.css add this class:

Quote:.tborder {
   background: #fff;
   width: 100%;
   margin:  3px auto;
}

You can play with the 3px margin until you find the space you want.

Thank you, worked, first time not worked because you write only:

.tborder {

i added 2 and worked Big Grin

[Image: jkc4yXn.png]
Seems like I forgot to write the 2 haha, yes, you need a new class because tborder is used in another places too, sorry about that.

Greetings!
[Image: XekzDhK.png]

the theme dont have "Portal" link? 
No, the theme don't have portal link, you can add it if you want, follow this steps:

1. Edit header template, search this:

<div id="header">
    <div class="wrapper">
        <div class="logo"><div class="logo2"><i class="fa fa-cube fa-fw"></i></div> Square</div>
        <div class="menu">
            <ul>
                <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php"><i class="fa fa-comments fa-2x"></i><br />Index</a></li>
                <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php"><i class="fa fa-search fa-2x"></i><br />Search</a></li>
                <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/memberlist.php"><i class="fa fa-users fa-2x"></i><br />Members</a></li>
                <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/calendar.php"><i class="fa fa-calendar-o fa-2x"></i><br />Calendar</a></li>
                <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=help"><i class="fa fa-question-circle fa-2x"></i><br />Help</a></li>
            </ul>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

And add the portal link in this way:

<div id="header">
    <div class="wrapper">
        <div class="logo"><div class="logo2"><i class="fa fa-cube fa-fw"></i></div> Square</div>
        <div class="menu">
            <ul>
                <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/portal.php"><i class="fa fa-home fa-2x"></i><br />Portal</a></li>
                <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php"><i class="fa fa-comments fa-2x"></i><br />Index</a></li>
                <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php"><i class="fa fa-search fa-2x"></i><br />Search</a></li>
                <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/memberlist.php"><i class="fa fa-users fa-2x"></i><br />Members</a></li>
                <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/calendar.php"><i class="fa fa-calendar-o fa-2x"></i><br />Calendar</a></li>
                <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=help"><i class="fa fa-question-circle fa-2x"></i><br />Help</a></li>
            </ul>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

2. Open square.css, search this class:

.menu ul li {
    list-style: none;
    display: inline-block;
    margin: 0 0 0 25px;
    padding: 0;
    text-align: center;
    width: 60px;
    height: 60px;
    line-height: 30px;
}

Now, modify the 25px margin for 15px, in this way:

.menu ul li {
    list-style: none;
    display: inline-block;
    margin: 0 0 0 15px;
    padding: 0;
    text-align: center;
    width: 60px;
    height: 60px;
    line-height: 30px;
}

And that's all.

Now, if you want to change the symbol in that button:

1. Open postbit_email in post bit templates, and you will see something like this:

<span class="minibutton"><a href="member.php?action=emailuser&amp;uid={$post['uid']}" title="{$lang->postbit_email}" title="{$lang->postbit_button_email}"><i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-envelope fa-fw"></i></a></span>

Now, replace all that with this:

<span class="minibutton"><a href="member.php?action=emailuser&amp;uid={$post['uid']}" title="{$lang->postbit_email}" title="{$lang->postbit_button_email}"><i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-at fa-fw"></i></a></span>

What's the change? this: <i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-at fa-fw"></i>, that's the @ symbol in FontAwesome icons.

Of course, if you want to add a symbol, or even words, you need to remove this "<i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-at fa-fw"></i>" and add your symbol/text there.

Greetings!
Great, worked like a charm Big Grin, thank you,

[Image: EkLk8ah.png]

You know if we can we add some timer on collapse categories? to make the collapses close smooth?
I assume you can, but I don't know where is the time for the collapse animation, maybe in a core file, but don't know which.
(2014-09-22, 05:08 PM)zaishen Wrote: [ -> ]You know if we can we add some timer on collapse categories? to make the collapses close smooth?

You can edit the speed of the effect in jscripts/jquery.plugins.js

I changed mine from fast to slow, make a back up of the file before messing with anything if you don't know what you're doing.