MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Square theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I have been trying to edit the minimum width for this theme. As when you shrink the browser or page, the forum does not scale well:

[Image: oPKjYx3.png]

I have tried following all the information here:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-159593-...pid1113125 to adjust the min width as well, but it doesn't seem to be working. I also dove into the below CSS

.wrapper {

width: 1200px;

margin: 0 auto;

padding: 0 20px;

min-width: 984px;

}

#content {

width: auto !important;

padding: 0;

overflow: hidden;

min-width: 1024px;

}

#header {

background: #005ea7;

height: 200px;

}

#panel {

background: #003965;

height: 50px;

}

I've tried editing both the global and square css files to adjust the minimum length, but it doesn't seem to change it at all.

Is there anyway to get this theme to wrap nicely?
need help 
[attachment=34432]
Have to say this is a really nice theme. Clean and easy on the eyes.
(2015-05-26, 11:56 PM)GreyGhost Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

First off, I love you theme eNvy! I love how dynamic, responsive, and clean it is. I really like the blue look, and had a similar theme back on myBB 1.6 and have been waiting for a theme like this on 1.8!

I'm slowly making the preparations for making it my new default theme layout. However I have a question...

I want to expand the margins of the forum so there is less white space on the left and right.

As in my screenshot I want to expand the forum width out to about where those red lines are.

[Image: t5YjqUD.png]

I found half the answer in an earlier post, but haven't had further time to keep looking through this thread, so sorry if it has been previously answered completely.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-159593-...pid1106063

In Square Templates » Index is where you can edit the margins in pixels for the sidebar and forum:

<div class="forums" style="float: left; width: 724px;">
 {$forums}
</div>

However when I expand the above to say 1500px, nothing changes. You can see it expand while the page is refereshing, but it just snaps back to its regular postion after. I can also make the side bar bigger, but then it overlaps the forum.

I understand there is no way to center float the forum, you can only align left and right, but what is the best way to expand the forum width equally left and right?

Thank you for anyone who helps!

Never mind, found the post that solved my problem:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-159593-...pid1113125

Thanks for the great theme!

Another quick question though....

Is updating the font-awesome icons as simple as downloading the new version (4.3) and replacing the files with the new files in the directory images/square/font-awesome ?

Thanks!

To change the width of the forums and the sidebar, you need to edit the width of the containers in the index template, and also, you need to go to headerinclude template, search the code of the sidebar, and replace the width there. In that code, the first and the last "width" goes to the forums, and the middle of them, is for the sidebar. With that changed, when you collapse or expand your forum, adapt the size of the containers automatically.

(2015-06-08, 06:18 AM)GreyGhost Wrote: [ -> ]Hey I have been trying to edit the minimum width for this theme. As when you shrink the browser or page, the forum does not scale well:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-159593-...pid1113125 to adjust the min width as well, but it doesn't seem to be working. I also dove into the below CSS

.wrapper {

}

#content {

}

#header {

}

#panel {

}

I've tried editing both the global and square css files to adjust the minimum length, but it doesn't seem to change it at all.

You need to edit the "width" and "min-width" property in order to reduce the size, also check all the Square.css because I use a lot of classes.

(2015-06-12, 05:28 AM)HumanError Wrote: [ -> ]need help 

Be more specific please... if your "error" is related to the menu, you need to adjust the width of the 3 boxes in order to achieve the correct size for each one of them.

(2015-06-13, 10:11 AM)spaceinvaders Wrote: [ -> ]Have to say this is a really nice theme. Clean and easy on the eyes.

Thanks mate, glad you like it.
i want to fix the news & user action when the page scrolling down like the other your theme  MyTrade 

tnx  Heart
(2015-06-13, 08:12 PM)Parsian™ Wrote: [ -> ]i want to fix the news & user action when the page scrolling down like the other your theme  MyTrade 

tnx  Heart

Please be more specific, or upload a photo of the error.
there in no error on theme

i want this section fix on top when user scroll down Heart

[attachment=34457]
(2015-06-14, 08:06 PM)Parsian™ Wrote: [ -> ]there in no error on theme

i want this section fix on top when user scroll down Heart

That's an addon, search on google or see if it's a tutorial to make the user menu fixed. I'm giving support only for errors.
(2015-06-12, 05:28 AM)HumanError Wrote: [ -> ]need help 

Be more specific please... if your "error" is related to the menu, you need to adjust the width of the 3 boxes in order to achieve the correct size for each one of them.

some text is gone from my forum
(2015-06-13, 07:09 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-26, 11:56 PM)GreyGhost Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

First off, I love you theme eNvy! I love how dynamic, responsive, and clean it is. I really like the blue look, and had a similar theme back on myBB 1.6 and have been waiting for a theme like this on 1.8!

I'm slowly making the preparations for making it my new default theme layout. However I have a question...

I want to expand the margins of the forum so there is less white space on the left and right.

As in my screenshot I want to expand the forum width out to about where those red lines are.

[Image: t5YjqUD.png]

I found half the answer in an earlier post, but haven't had further time to keep looking through this thread, so sorry if it has been previously answered completely.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-159593-...pid1106063

In Square Templates » Index is where you can edit the margins in pixels for the sidebar and forum:

<div class="forums" style="float: left; width: 724px;">
 {$forums}
</div>

However when I expand the above to say 1500px, nothing changes. You can see it expand while the page is refereshing, but it just snaps back to its regular postion after. I can also make the side bar bigger, but then it overlaps the forum.

I understand there is no way to center float the forum, you can only align left and right, but what is the best way to expand the forum width equally left and right?

Thank you for anyone who helps!

Never mind, found the post that solved my problem:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-159593-...pid1113125

Another quick question though....

Is updating the font-awesome icons as simple as downloading the new version (4.3) and replacing the files with the new files in the directory images/square/font-awesome ?

Thanks!

To change the width of the forums and the sidebar, you need to edit the width of the containers in the index template, and also, you need to go to headerinclude template, search the code of the sidebar, and replace the width there. In that code, the first and the last "width" goes to the forums, and the middle of them, is for the sidebar. With that changed, when you collapse or expand your forum, adapt the size of the containers automatically.

(2015-06-08, 06:18 AM)GreyGhost Wrote: [ -> ]Hey I have been trying to edit the minimum width for this theme. As when you shrink the browser or page, the forum does not scale well:

.wrapper {

}

#content {

}

#header {

}

#panel {

}

You need to edit the "width" and "min-width" property in order to reduce the size, also check all the Square.css because I use a lot of classes.

Yeah I edited all the "width" and "min-width" classes and went through the Square.css quite a bit. The best I could do for now is fix it to a set width so it doesn't compress on itself.

I'll have a play with it at another time if need be.