MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Square theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-09-17, 03:52 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]News are in header template, go to ACP > Templates & Styles > Templates > Square templates > Header and open header template.

Inside you will se something like this:

<div class="news">
    <div class="announcements"><i class="fa fa-microphone fa-2x"></i></div>
        <div class="automsj">
            <ul>
                <li class="quotes">¡Welcome to Square Theme!</li>
                <li class="quotes">This news are in header template.</li>
                <li class="quotes">Please ignore this message.</li>
	    </ul>
</div>

If you want to change, add or remove, play with the <li> tags
Hello,

There is any setting to change the speed of the announcement rows rotation, by select how many seconds do you want to show every row? By default, I counted 15 seconds. I want to automatically change the announcements at 5 seconds...
(2016-02-04, 12:08 PM)Lyvyoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-17, 03:52 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]News are in header template, go to ACP > Templates & Styles > Templates > Square templates > Header and open header template.

Inside you will se something like this:

<div class="news">
    <div class="announcements"><i class="fa fa-microphone fa-2x"></i></div>
        <div class="automsj">
            <ul>
                <li class="quotes">¡Welcome to Square Theme!</li>
                <li class="quotes">This news are in header template.</li>
                <li class="quotes">Please ignore this message.</li>
	    </ul>
</div>

If you want to change, add or remove, play with the <li> tags
Hello,

There is any setting to change the speed of the announcement rows rotation, by select how many seconds do you want to show every row? By default, I counted 15 seconds. I want to automatically change the announcements at 5 seconds...

ACP > Templates & Styles > Templates > Square Templates > Ungrouped templates > open headerinclude

Search this code:

<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(function() {

var quotes = jQuery(".quotes");
    var quoteIndex = -1;

function showNextQuote() {
        ++quoteIndex;
        quotes.eq(quoteIndex % quotes.length)
            .fadeIn(500)
            .delay(12000)
            .fadeOut(500, showNextQuote);
    }

showNextQuote();

});
</script>

If you want the cicle at 5 seconds, change this:

.delay(12000)

To this:

.delay(5000)

That's all =).
Amazing Smile Thk man!
Hi I just installed the square theme and I am currently customizing to my liking. I really like this theme. I have a couple of questions.

1) What do i have to edit to move the menu in the attached farther down closer to the red panel:

[attachment=35786]

2)How do you enable the latest activity window like shown in the preview images? Thanks

(2016-02-09, 05:26 AM)maintainin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I just installed the square theme and I am currently customizing to my liking. I really like this theme. I have a couple of questions.

1) What do i have to edit to move the menu in the attached farther down closer to the red panel:

2)How do you enable the latest activity window like shown in the preview images? Thanks
Any help on this? I found out that the latest activity is no longer part of the theme so that answers my second question.

How do I move the menu bar lower? Right now it's in the area I plan on placing my logo.
Is there any way of changing the wallpaper?

Aside from the is there a tutorial on creating a tabbed profile using this theme?
Hi eNvy, thank you for this gorgeous theme it suits my needs for my e-book forum. I am playing with it now. I love it! I have one issue though. First many of the situations I faced I found the answer in this forum. One of them was the reference of the sidebar. I changed the navigation to what you had said and the buttons appear problem is they do not function. Still no sidebar. Any suggesstions?

Site
(2016-02-09, 05:26 AM)maintainin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I just installed the square theme and I am currently customizing to my liking. I really like this theme. I have a couple of questions.

Any help on this? I found out that the latest activity is no longer part of the theme so that answers my second question.

How do I move the menu bar lower? Right now it's in the area I plan on placing my logo.

Well you need to edit the header then, because it's divided in two sections

Logo / Menu

If you want to put your logo in the center, you need to change the html structure and make a few adjusts in the css.

(2016-02-11, 05:11 AM)jaydee9296 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way of changing the wallpaper?

Aside from the is there a tutorial on creating a tabbed profile using this theme?

You can replace the image of the wallpaper with another one. If you want to use a large background you need to edit the css.

(2016-02-11, 08:28 PM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]Hi eNvy, thank you for this gorgeous theme it suits my needs for my e-book forum. I am playing with it now. I love it! I have one issue though. First many of the situations I faced I found the answer in this forum. One of them was the reference of the sidebar. I changed the navigation to what you had said and the buttons appear problem is they do not function. Still no sidebar. Any suggesstions?

Site

The code from the headerinclude to show/hide the sidebar isn't there. But as I said before, it's better if you use a plugin.
(2016-02-12, 03:42 AM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]

Logo / Menu

If you want to put your logo in the center, you need to change the html structure and make a few adjusts in the css.
Right, I've been messing around with the debug console alot and figured out it has to do with the menu. I'm just not sure what to add/change in the menu code to lower the menu bar lower so I can add a larger and centered logo?

Love this theme BTW!
(2016-02-12, 03:42 AM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]

Logo / Menu

(2016-02-11, 05:11 AM)jaydee9296 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way of changing the wallpaper?

You can replace the image of the wallpaper with another one. If you want to use a large background you need to edit the css.

(2016-02-11, 08:28 PM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]Hi eNvy, thank you for this gorgeous theme it suits my needs for my e-book forum. I am playing with it now. I love it! I have one issue though. First many of the situations I faced I found the answer in this forum. One of them was the reference of the sidebar. I changed the navigation to what you had said and the buttons appear problem is they do not function. Still no sidebar. Any suggesstions?

Site

The code from the headerinclude to show/hide the sidebar isn't there. But as I said before, it's better if you use a plugin.

Oh okay, thank you
@maintainin : class menu has top margin as 75px through square.css - it can be increased (eg. 120px) to move the menu down
i.e. margin: 75px 0 0; can be changed to margin: 120px 0 0;