MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Square theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-03-16, 01:52 AM)maintainin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-16, 12:13 AM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]That code is for the drop down menu.

If you want to add it to the left of the avatar, you need to make a copy of the classes that I use for the admin and mod cp and use that code inside, but remove the text variable and insert an icon, after that copy the css of one of the buttons and change the name and properties to your needs.

OK but where does that go in the header template so its positioned  to the left of the avatar? Edit: I actually just noticed the view new posts link is already located at the bottom right of the theme. So where do I post the code at for the view new posts in the header template so it shows up right beside the avatar? Ive tried pasting it in spots a few times but I can't get it right.

Go to ACP > Templates & Styles > Templates > Square templates > Header > open header_welcomeblock_member template

Search this:

<div class="usermenu">
    {$admincplink}
  	{$modcplink}

Now, add this new line:

<span class="little_button"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getnew" title="{$lang->welcome_newposts}"><i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-comments fa-fw"></i></a></span>

Go to ACP > Templates & Styles > Styles > Square > open Square.css

At the end of the file, put this code:

.little_button a:link, .little_button a:visited {
  	padding: 4px 3px 4px 5px;
  	color: #EFEFEF;
        background: #d00000;
        transition: all 0.5s ease;
}

.little_button a:hover, .little_button a:active {
        color: #FFFFFF;
  	background: #fe0000;
  	transition: all 0.5s ease;
}

That's all.
Square theme updated to MyBB 1.8.7 version, with a few fixes including the way of FontAwesome Icons is loaded, now I think you will not have any problems in guest view.

Also we have new community, so you can check all my work and ask for support there if you want.

Cheers!
Hi. For some reason the "latest activity" box in the sidebar is not displaying any latest activity. What's the problem here? I also can't disable the sidebar - so if I use a plugin is displays 2.

My website: http://agarioforums.com/
Use the latest version of Square, I remove the code for the latest activity due to a huge load of queries.
Really good theme work eNvy, appreciable Smile
When update the theme from the last 1.8 version to Square_#8_stable, step 3 don't work:

3. Go to ACP > Templates & Styles > Import a Theme > Select the Square-theme.xml and press upload.

The sistem tell me that it's another theme with same name Smile Sure...

It's a must to update the xml file? If yes, how?
(2016-04-07, 11:54 PM)Lyvyoo Wrote: [ -> ]When update the theme from the last 1.8 version to Square_#8_stable, step 3 don't work:

3. Go to ACP > Templates & Styles > Import a Theme > Select the Square-theme.xml and press upload.

The sistem tell me that it's another theme with same name Smile Sure...

It's a must to update the xml file? If yes, how?

You need to delete the previous version (The CSS and the Templates) and then, upload again the .xml.
There is a guide to to these changes? I see no instructions and I don't want to delete something wrong.
In this moment I replaced (overwrite) the files in root folder, with the new ones from the Upload folder, but I'm stuck with this xml error... And from your reply I don't understand exactly the files and location to delete...

Please, for a noob like me (and for other users in same situation) can you write the entire procedure for uploading Square Theme? Smile

Thanks,
(2016-04-08, 08:22 AM)Lyvyoo Wrote: [ -> ]There is a guide to to these changes? I see no instructions and I don't want to delete something wrong.
In this moment I replaced (overwrite) the files in root folder, with the new ones from the Upload folder, but I'm stuck with this xml error... And from your reply I don't understand exactly the files and location to delete...

Please, for a noob like me (and for other users in same situation) can you write the entire procedure for uploading Square Theme? Smile

Thanks,

It's ok.

First, go to your Admin Control Panel (ACP) and then go to Templates & Styles. There, select Themes, and you will see something like "Default, Square" and an option button to the right, click that option button and choose Delete theme.

Second, go to Templates, look if you have something like Square Templates and again, search for the option button and, one more time, click Delete Template.

Third, go to Themes > Import a theme > Local file (press the select button and search the new .XML from the latest update) and then click Import theme.

Regards.
How can I fix this green thing around the button?
http://imgur.com/N0fNPgX