MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Square theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-10-02, 03:28 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-02, 03:24 AM)Gaia Wrote: [ -> ]The control panel hover isn't working. I don't know how to get it to work.
http://halcyonic.icyboards.net/index.php Before you login, it's fine, but after, you can't hover over your name and click the user control panel.

If you use icyboards you can't upload all the files, that's why your theme isn't working properly.

eNvy, I did find a few flaws with Microsoft Edge (My default browser is Google Chrome, I just use Edge to test things)

I had to write an article on it:
http://gamersanctuary.xyz/showthread.php...d=71#pid71

My bad, I forgot I had permissions set, Guests can now see the thread.
(2016-10-02, 03:33 PM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-02, 03:24 AM)Gaia Wrote: [ -> ]The control panel hover isn't working. I don't know how to get it to work.
http://halcyonic.icyboards.net/index.php Before you login, it's fine, but after, you can't hover over your name and click the user control panel.

If you use icyboards you can't upload all the files, that's why your theme isn't working properly.

eNvy, I did find a few flaws with Microsoft Edge (My default browser is Google Chrome, I just use Edge to test things)

Well that's the main issue with browsers nowadays. I don't understand why they need to make things different in order to bring the same result... they all have a few issues/differences but at the end of the day the result is the same: pain to the developers. You need to do it yourself in order to saw it... a perfectly square on Chrome can be a Circle on Mozilla or TEXT in IE/Edge.

I don't have Windows 10, so I can't tell if it works fine or not and I'm not planning on update any theme to make it compatible with Edge. I hate all the things related to Microsoft but I'm forced to use their S.O. and a few other things from them.
(2016-10-02, 04:09 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]

Well that's the main issue with browsers nowadays. I don't understand why they need to make things different in order to bring the same result... they all have a few issues/differences but at the end of the day the result is the same: pain to the developers. You need to do it yourself in order to saw it... a perfectly square on Chrome can be a Circle on Mozilla or TEXT in IE/Edge.

I don't have Windows 10, so I can't tell if it works fine or not and I'm not planning on update any theme to make it compatible with Edge. I hate all the things related to Microsoft but I'm forced to use their S.O. and a few other things from them.

Agreed, I am not complaining, I am just letting you know that there are a few issues when using Edge. I have not had a single issue with the theme on Chrome or Firefox.
(2016-10-02, 04:17 PM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]

Agreed, I am not complaining, I am just letting you know that there are a few issues when using Edge. I have not had a single issue with the theme on Chrome or Firefox.

I know, but since they force the market to make 99% of the things to Windows, well... I can force people to not use their shitty browser :p.
(2016-10-02, 04:35 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-02, 03:28 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]If you use icyboards you can't upload all the files, that's why your theme isn't working properly.

I know, but since they force the market to make 99% of the things to Windows, well... I can force people to not use their shitty browser :p.

That'd be nice. I am trying to make the theme compatible for all desktops/laptops that use Google/Firefox. Throwing Microsoft Edge into the mix just ruins everything. Not sure if you saw at the bottom of my thread I told everyone that if they are using Edge, they are stuck with what they get.
(2016-10-02, 04:38 PM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-02, 03:33 PM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]eNvy, I did find a few flaws with Microsoft Edge (My default browser is Google Chrome, I just use Edge to test things)

That'd be nice. I am trying to make the theme compatible for all desktops/laptops that use Google/Firefox. Throwing Microsoft Edge into the mix just ruins everything. Not sure if you saw at the bottom of my thread I told everyone that if they are using Edge, they are stuck with what they get.

Don't know if there's some patches to use on Edge like Mozilla has but if they exist you can easily fix the problems listed in your thread. Anyway, Edge = Explorer.
(2016-10-02, 04:40 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-02, 04:38 PM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-02, 04:09 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]Well that's the main issue with browsers nowadays. I don't understand why they need to make things different in order to bring the same result... they all have a few issues/differences but at the end of the day the result is the same: pain to the developers. You need to do it yourself in order to saw it... a perfectly square on Chrome can be a Circle on Mozilla or TEXT in IE/Edge.

Don't know if there's some patches to use on Edge like Mozilla has but if they exist you can easily fix the problems listed in your thread. Anyway, Edge = Explorer.

I am not even going to worry about Edge, if it works -  great, if not- their bad. Making the theme compatible with some plugins is hard enough, let alone a browser Big Grin
Looks like a copy of IPB, nice.
eNvy how do I get my Xthreads to show on the theme.. they work with default...and I made the necessary configs but they do not show in the thread itself as they should.
for those who needs RTL version i convert it to be RTL supported
thanks for this awesome theme

[attachment=37606]