MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MentionMe 3.2.12 (for MyAlerts 2.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guilty as charged! I think there was an FTP error I hadn't spotted on the upload. Thanks for looking and sorting.
Glad you got it working.
Hi Wildcard!

Many thanks for a wonderful, and efficient plugin; it's working a great deal smoother than combining two or more plugins for the same purpose. I did, however, run into a mild nuance that I wonder if it's a bug, and also have a question regarding a feature possibility.

Currently when I select a user from the dropdown, it inserts the name twice. The linking works, however you get a duplicate name. For example:
Typing:
@User, then selecting Username will return:
@"Username" "Username"

The first is linked, however the second is text. Is there any way to remove the second entry? Is this a bug, perhaps, or something I'm experiencing alone?

As for the question regarding a feature possibility -- is it currently possible (or do you plan to) offer the ability to switch the delimiters from quotes to square brackets? For instance instead of @"Username", the ability to go @[Username] ?

Many thanks again for your dedication and work towards this to help better the community. It's greatly appreciated.

Best of wishes to you in the future.
(2017-03-09, 11:39 PM)ktakai Wrote: [ -> ]Currently when I select a user from the dropdown, it inserts the name twice. The linking works, however you get a duplicate name. For example:
Typing:
@User, then selecting Username will return:
@"Username" "Username"

The first is linked, however the second is text. Is there any way to remove the second entry? Is this a bug, perhaps, or something I'm experiencing alone?

I've never run across that problem in testing, but there was a user reporting that at one point. I remember that it was a problem with some JavaScript on the site, but I can't remember what exactly was wrong.

If you can give me a test account, I will gladly try to figure out what is wrong.

(2017-03-09, 11:39 PM)ktakai Wrote: [ -> ]As for the question regarding a feature possibility -- is it currently possible (or do you plan to) offer the ability to switch the delimiters from quotes to square brackets? For instance instead of @"Username", the ability to go @[Username] ?

I can see why that might be good. I can't change the way MentionMe works by default because it would break all the old mentions that already exist in threads, but I will give it some thought nonetheless. Thanks for the suggestion.

(2017-03-09, 11:39 PM)ktakai Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks for a wonderful, and efficient plugin; it's working a great deal smoother than combining two or more plugins for the same purpose.

[...]

Many thanks again for your dedication and work towards this to help better the community. It's greatly appreciated.

Best of wishes to you in the future.

Thank you so much for the kind words. Smile
Do I need to edit anything on my theme for the postbit icon to show up?

@ actually works but for the life of me, I cannot find the postbit icon anywhere.

Thanks
You have to enable it in ACP -> MentionMe settings
(2017-02-17, 10:41 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]That's very strange.

Can you link me to mheditor so that I can test?

A solution in sight?
(2017-03-18, 03:31 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]You have to enable it in ACP -> MentionMe settings

Must be something wrong with my eyes. I thought it was already turned on. went back after I saw your suggestion and true enough it was off. ThanksĀ  Big Grin
(2017-03-18, 04:22 PM)hkkp Wrote: [ -> ]A solution in sight?

Sorry you are having problems.

I have gotten extremely busy lately and haven't had time to work on MentionMe at all. As soon as I get some free time MentionMe is next on the list for an update.

Thanks for your patience.
(2017-03-18, 04:22 PM)hkkp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-17, 10:41 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]That's very strange.

Can you link me to mheditor so that I can test?

A solution in sight?

I have same issue with CKeditor - I created the issue on GitHub