MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MentionMe 3.2.12 (for MyAlerts 2.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you! Smile Let me know how it goes Smile
I will. I'm stalling 3.2.12 until I figure this out.
Hello,
In quick reply post, full reply post and threads, When i tries to mention any member by "@" prefix, It does not show the members list in drop-down menu. Although the plugin is already activated.
Have a look at the following photo:
[Image: p_1298eip0i1.png]
It's supposed that the drop-down menu of members list appears beside the "@" prefix.
**Notice**: I have already tried deactivate & activate + Uninstall & Install of the plugin, And at last the same problem occurs.
So how i can fix this problem?
Thanks Smile
I spent almost all of my free time for the last few days trying to figure out what is going on with the NetPen theme and MentionMe, but I just can't.

Having had time to think about it, I don't see why all of the burden should fall on me. The plugin works for a ton of other themes, and obviously the default MyBB theme.

I just can't sink this much time into trying to figure out how to adjust for all of these different themes. Look at what I am going through with ASB trying to accommodate for every theme I can find time to test with. Sadly, it has come to a point where I have to figure out what I have time to do, and what I don't.

So, while I will still try to help anyone with any problem that I have the time to help them with, for now, if your theme doesn't work with MentionMe, contact the author of the theme about it. If they want to work with me, I will do all I can to help them get their theme to work with any of my plugins, but as I said, I just don't have time to try and do everything.

And please understand, I wish that I could figure it out, but there are other ideas that I have that I can't finish because I spent all weekend trying to figure out why my caret positioning JS works on a hundred other textareas, but not the one I needed it to...

I would love some community involvement, as well. Help me in any way that you can, and I will appreciate it. And it will get you new toys. If I have more time to hit the lab, then you get new plugins released. For free — as always. So, that's where it stands. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
(2019-07-22, 08:39 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]I spent almost all of my free time for the last few days trying to figure out what is going on with the NetPen theme and MentionMe, but I just can't.

I had a look at the Netpen theme for you because I had the same problem with Zen. I had position relative on the tborder for some odd reason causing the dropdown to appear at the bottom. On Netpen the problem is coming from themes.css I think as your plugin is relying on code from that stylesheet.
(2019-07-23, 04:00 PM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]I had a look at the Netpen theme for you because I had the same problem with Zen. I had position relative on the tborder for some odd reason causing the dropdown to appear at the bottom.

I tried to figure out what the issue was, but I didn't have any luck. I'm just not as good at CSS as I'd like to be.

(2019-07-23, 04:00 PM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]On Netpen the problem is coming from themes.css I think as your plugin is relying on code from that stylesheet.

My plugin has its own style sheet, but yes, it is dependent on the way that the page is styled. Like I said, I'd be glad to try to help figure out what is wrong — or even change my code if it will help everyone, but I don't want to make changes that break any themes that are already working (most of them)
(2019-07-22, 08:39 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]I spent almost all of my free time for the last few days trying to figure out what is going on with the NetPen theme and MentionMe, but I just can't.

Having had time to think about it, I don't see why all of the burden should fall on me. The plugin works for a ton of other themes, and obviously the default MyBB theme.

I just can't sink this much time into trying to figure out how to adjust for all of these different themes. Look at what I am going through with ASB trying to accommodate for every theme I can find time to test with. Sadly, it has come to a point where I have to figure out what I have time to do, and what I don't.

So, while I will still try to help anyone with any problem that I have the time to help them with, for now, if your theme doesn't work with MentionMe, contact the author of the theme about it. If they want to work with me, I will do all I can to help them get their theme to work with any of my plugins, but as I said, I just don't have time to try and do everything.

And please understand, I wish that I could figure it out, but there are other ideas that I have that I can't finish because I spent all weekend trying to figure out why my caret positioning JS works on a hundred other textareas, but not the one I needed it to...

I would love some community involvement, as well. Help me in any way that you can, and I will appreciate it. And it will get you new toys. If I have more time to hit the lab, then you get new plugins released. For free — as always. So, that's where it stands. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Hello,
In Quick Reply and Shoutbox it's working fine and the "Mention Me" drop-down menu working.
but In post reply, New reply and New topic, The "Mention Me" drop-down menu is not working.
Have a look at the following photo:
[Image: p_1299fjqo11.png]
When i try to use "Mention Me" plugin in post reply, new reply and new topic, The drop-down menu of "Mention Me" plugin is not showing. (Not working). As you see in the previous photo.
So please can you help me to fix this problem?
Best regards,
Thanks a lot. Smile
Eep, didn't mean to be so late on getting back to this. I've tried uninstall/reinstall.

Forget about the Netpen theme, it has been established that the Netpen theme is a ripped theme.

Look at this THREAD.

So, even finding the original author of that ripped theme would be a difficult task, you're wasting time on a theme that is not even original.
(2019-07-25, 06:53 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Forget about the Netpen theme, it has been established that the Netpen theme is a ripped theme.

Look at this THREAD.

Wow. Didn't know about that.

I will be removing support for that theme for this plugin and ASB, as well. smh