MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MentionMe 3.2.12 (for MyAlerts 2.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-05-08, 05:18 AM)avixansa Wrote: [ -> ]for example [email protected]
so when i mention that user , it does not shows the username as clickable and shows like a normal text ..

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

The issue is that I am stripping email addresses from the post before detection, because the @ in the email can cause a lot of unnecessary work for the script. I just made a small adjustment that seems to solve the issue.

I'd like to test it on a wider range of samples before I release, but I'll get it in the next version.

You can track my progress on the issue on GitHub or in this thread.
my pleasure Smile
MentionMe 3.2.10 Released

Fixes:
  • a bug where usernames that were email addresses or were similar to email addresses were not matched (reported by @avixansa)
To upgrade: Deactivate in ACP; overwrite existing files; Activate in ACP.
and its working like a charm now Smile Thanks for the upfront update bro Smile
(2019-05-11, 09:42 PM)avixansa Wrote: [ -> ]and its working like a charm now Smile Thanks for the upfront update bro Smile

You're very welcome. Smile
I was wondering if it was possible to add a function where tagging @“everyone” tags the whole forum?
(2019-05-31, 08:59 PM)Metallix Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if it was possible to add a function where tagging @“everyone” tags the whole forum?

This has been asked for quite a bit.

The main issue, for me is that MyAlerts doesn't really provide anything for mass alerts. So, on large forums, we would be potentially creating hundreds of thousands of queries per mention.

I like the idea, but there needs to be much more discussion before this is introduced.

DVZ and I have talked a bit about how to get the best our of both of our mention plugins in order to get mentions into the core in a future version, but the community needs to decide together how we are going to format them; how user group mentions would work (ie. @/mods)

Given my current workload IRL and the fact that I am deep into rewriting Advanced Sidebox right now, I'd suggest we hold off until MyBB 1.9 (or whenever mentions make it into the core)
(2019-06-01, 11:56 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-31, 08:59 PM)Metallix Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if it was possible to add a function where tagging @“everyone” tags the whole forum?

This has been asked for quite a bit.

The main issue, for me is that MyAlerts doesn't really provide anything for mass alerts. So, on large forums, we would be potentially creating hundreds of thousands of queries per mention.

I like the idea, but there needs to be much more discussion before this is introduced.

DVZ and I have talked a bit about how to get the best our of both of our mention plugins in order to get mentions into the core in a future version, but the community needs to decide together how we are going to format them; how user group mentions would work (ie. @/mods)

Given my current workload IRL and the fact that I am deep into rewriting Advanced Sidebox right now, I'd suggest we hold off until MyBB 1.9 (or whenever mentions make it into the core)

Tagging everyone is almost the same a spamming the whole forum. I think this is a bad idea. 

What if some users hate being alerted to something that they really don't care about?

I'm a sports nut, but I don't care about Anime stuff. So, if I got alerted all the time to Anime alerts, I'm going to get a bit pissed off.

Just saying...
^ there could be limitations set like only allowed to do so much per week or limit it to just administrators.

@Wildcard I see. That makes sense.
How about tagging everyone in the thread? You could even place a limit to the top 5/10/ 20 posters

I like the idea of being able to tagging in groups, so (as an example) on a Football based forum "Hay @manchesterunited fans". One I could see as being very useful is @staff - would love to see that