MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MentionMe 3.2.12 (for MyAlerts 2.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MentionMe 3.2 Released

A lot of work has gone into this release. Quick Edit support was at the head of the list, but with it came some beneficial restructuring, code optimization, library upgrades, design improvements, a few added features, and a lot of testing.

Fixes:
  • a bug where the popup didn't consider the theme image directory when loading images
  • a bug where in some cases, users were sent alerts from forums/threads/posts that they cannot see
  • a bug where the popup did not display instructions when empty
  • a bug where alerts were not sent in some cases
Changes:
  • added Quick Edit support (requested by Shade in 2014 lol)
  • improved mention detection
  • broken avatars in the popup are now assigned to the default avatar client-side (requested by Eldenroot)
  • added a link in plugin info to rebuild the name cache (requested by Eldenroot)
  • language improvements (by Eldenroot)
  • design improvements (by Eldenroot)
  • removed some hard coded HTML from the JavaScript
  • setting added to control whether the popup would snap the selection to the top or allow traditional free-scrolling (requested by Eldenroot)
  • title property added to mention link HTML (req. by Eldenroot)
  • setting added to control the amount of thread participants to include and prioritize in the autocomplete popup
To upgrade: Deactivate in ACP, overwrite the existing files, and then activate the plugin again.
This update is important. Please try to update as soon as possible.
Heck Yeah, thx!
Thanks Wildcard

For some reason, I had to uninstall the previous plugin - when I followed your method (just Deactivate first), the drop-down box refused to work

I note that the same error is occurring in MS Edge, but that's fine, I will just add the code on the previous page.  I'm opting to encourage people not to use edge!

Another strange issue - on the drop-down box, the avatars for the default forum avatar shows as missing.  Avatars that users upload show fine?  This didn't occur on 3.1.4

[Image: 2TrNuZt.png]
@NotAdmin - there were some changes in v3.2 how the avatars are handled. Maybe there is something wrong with the new code - https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Mentio...3e0f61ad1e

Do you have "default_avatar.png" in /images folder? If not, add there your default avatar.

@Wildcard - is possible to test these issues in Edge by your own? I know that Edge is sh***y browser but some people use it Sad

By the way, it seems that I am the biggest "requester" for new features Sad

EDIT: @NotAdmin - works fine for me (v3.2) - check if default_avatar.png exists in your image folder.
(2017-11-02, 05:22 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have "default_avatar.png" in /images folder? If not, add there your default avatar.

EDIT: @NotAdmin - works fine for me (v3.2) - check if default_avatar.png exists in your image folder.

"default_avatar.png" definitely in the /images folder

Only happening on the "flatty" theme I am using - when I change to the default MyBB theme it works fine?
(2017-11-02, 11:14 AM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Wildcard

You are welcome.

(2017-11-02, 11:14 AM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason, I had to uninstall the previous plugin - when I followed your method (just Deactivate first), the drop-down box refused to work

Thanks for the report. Did you get any errors or was the problem that it just didn't do anything when you typed an @ symbol?

(2017-11-02, 11:14 AM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]I note that the same error is occurring in MS Edge, but that's fine, I will just add the code on the previous page.  I'm opting to encourage people not to use edge!
(2017-11-02, 05:22 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]@Wildcard - is possible to test these issues in Edge by your own? I know that Edge is sh***y browser but some people use it Sad

I am sorry, but I am having trouble with testing. I use Windows 7 so I cannot install Edge.

(2017-11-02, 11:14 AM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]Another strange issue - on the drop-down box, the avatars for the default forum avatar shows as missing.  Avatars that users upload show fine?  This didn't occur on 3.1.4

Eldenroot is on the right track. Check the images folder for the Flatty theme and make sure that default_avatar.png exists. I'm fairly certain it doesn't and that is the problem.

(2017-11-02, 05:22 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, it seems that I am the biggest "requester" for new features Sad

That's nothing to be sad about. Smile

My eyes have been looking at this code for six years and when someone else with fresh eyes points out features that they would like to see in this plugin, it takes some of the strain off of me to think of everything myself. I'm a hobbyist developer at best and I am thrilled to have any sort of encouragement and participation.
(2017-11-02, 09:57 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-02, 11:14 AM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason, I had to uninstall the previous plugin - when I followed your method (just Deactivate first), the drop-down box refused to work

Thanks for the report. Did you get any errors or was the problem that it just didn't do anything when you typed an @ symbol?

Just didn't do anything - tagging worked (when manually typing the username) but no drop-down box. No error

(2017-11-02, 09:57 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-02, 11:14 AM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]Another strange issue - on the drop-down box, the avatars for the default forum avatar shows as missing.  Avatars that users upload show fine?  This didn't occur on 3.1.4

Eldenroot is on the right track. Check the images folder for the Flatty theme and make sure that default_avatar.png exists. I'm fairly certain it doesn't and that is the problem.

Thanks - that fixed it!
I'm looking into your installation issue. I am glad you got everything working. Smile
I note that the same error is occurring in MS Edge, but that's fine, I will just add the code on the previous page.  I'm opting to encourage people not to use edge!

Another strange issue - on the drop-down box, the avatars for the default forum avatar shows as missing.  Avatars that users upload show fine?  This didn't occur on 3.1.4

Please re-run Magento compile command
(2017-11-10, 02:30 AM)aliceta Wrote: [ -> ]Another strange issue - on the drop-down box, the avatars for the default forum avatar shows as missing.  Avatars that users upload show fine?  This didn't occur on 3.1.4

Now MentionMe uses the default avatar for each theme. Ensure that default_avatar.png exists for each theme.