MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MentionMe 3.2.12 (for MyAlerts 2.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-02-08, 12:00 AM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]I'm currently experiencing some issues on my board, where anybody using Source Mode by default will run into "The message is missing" errors when starting a new topic.

I had a chance to look at your issue using the latest Rin Editor (v0.9.4)

While I couldn't reproduce your issue with the missing messages, I did have some trouble with autocomplete functionality when source mode was on by default. I also experienced the error martec pointed out.

I updated MentionMe on a temporary branch. Could you check it out and see if it solves your issues?

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Mentio...or-fix.zip
I like this plugin a lot. I was curious if it has the ability to mention user groups? So if I as an admin wanted to get the attention of my @moderator groups - I could mention the group name and it would alert everyone in that group.
(2019-02-20, 11:43 PM)erich199 Wrote: [ -> ]I like this plugin a lot. I was curious if it has the ability to mention user groups? So if I as an admin wanted to get the attention of my @moderator groups - I could mention the group name and it would alert everyone in that group.

I think someone asked for that before, but it never got added in. As I remember, we talked about adding group alerts to MyAlerts, but like me, Euan is very busy with other things, so it has never been done. Without MyAlerts having group alerts, I would have to individually create alerts for everyone in the user group. That would be pretty server intensive on larger forums.

I like the idea of it, as long as we can regulate which users can mention groups.
Thanks a lot - my issues were fixed Smile !

When I tried for the first time, I did run into "The message is missing" again; however, this turned out to be just a cache issue on my end.

Thanks again Big Grin .
Great!

I will try to get this fix into the next release. Thank you for testing Smile
(2019-02-20, 11:59 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-20, 11:43 PM)erich199 Wrote: [ -> ]I like this plugin a lot. I was curious if it has the ability to mention user groups? So if I as an admin wanted to get the attention of my @moderator groups - I could mention the group name and it would alert everyone in that group.

I think someone asked for that before, but it never got added in. As I remember, we talked about adding group alerts to MyAlerts, but like me, Euan is very busy with other things, so it has never been done. Without MyAlerts having group alerts, I would have to individually create alerts for everyone in the user group. That would be pretty server intensive on larger forums.

I like the idea of it, as long as we can regulate which users can mention groups.

In the past, I have used Xenforo and they have something very similar to this. I used it to @mention moderator groups or admin groups in private messages or threads I needed to respond to. I never used it for general membership. I think if you ever did bring the feature into mybb, the wise choice would be not to allow it for non-admin/moderator groups.
(2019-02-27, 01:28 AM)erich199 Wrote: [ -> ]I used it to @mention moderator groups or admin groups[...]the wise choice would be not to allow it for non-admin/moderator groups.

I completely agree. To be honest, I would probably only give myself that ability.

MyAlerts is awesome, and Euan has done a great job, but he has so much work on him...not sure when he would have the time.
MentionMe 3.2.9 Released

Changes:
  • now rebuilding name cache after settings are adjusted (thanks @Eldenroot)
Fixes:
  • an issue where when using Rin Editor with the editor in source mode by default multiple issues occurred (reported by @Kyng w/ thanks to @martec for guidance)
  • a bug where when MyAlerts is deactivated, an error occurred (reported by @Eldenroot)
  • a bug where when MyAlerts is deactivated, an incorrect integration message was displayed

To upgrade: Deactivate in ACP; overwrite existing files; and activate.
Great, thank you! I will update alongside with mybb 1.8.20 over the weekend
after the update i realised that as soon as i put a "@" it is taking more time to fetch the usernames , then it was taking in the previous version ..
my board server load and ram are perfectly ok ..