MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MentionMe 3.2.12 (for MyAlerts 2.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At present, no. There a lot of big changes coming to MyBB. I think it would be wise to let the dust settle in terms of 1.10 discussion before adding any new features.
On my forum the quick reply section displays an empty tagged user by default as per this image.
https://puu.sh/ywXGi/5938b6fcb2.png
Additionally, the wrong forum avatars are displayed for users when tagging when one letter is typed, but the correct avatar displays when more letters are added.
Any idea on how to resolve these issues?
For the first issue, ensure that you are using the latest version of MentionMe, and then check Templates & Styles -> [Your Theme] and ensure that mentionme.css exists.

If it doesn't, try uninstalling and re-installing-- if it does, open and save it (with or without editing, it doesn't matter) just to recache it.

Let me know if that helps.
MentionMe - 3.2.1
MyAlerts - 2.0.3

I've noticed this before, but have only just been alerted to the same problem by a member - there a large number of alerts for a single Tag - upon further inspection, it seems to be after a member has edited a post multiple times (so if they tag a member when they first post and then make 10 edits, the tagged member will get 11 alerts!)

Is this a known bug?
(2018-01-04, 10:16 AM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a known bug?

It is now: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/MentionMe/issues/196

Thanks for the report. I was able to reproduce it and will look into when there is time.
MentionMe 3.2.2 Released

Fixes:
  • a bug where editing posts that contained mentions caused duplicate alerts
  • a bug where new posts that were merged into existing posts containing a mention of same user resulted in duplicate alerts
  • a bug where in some situations the name cache was corrupted by user group formatting HTML

To upgrade: Deactivate, Overwrite existing files, and activate the plugin in ACP.
(2018-01-06, 08:29 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]MentionMe 3.2.2 Released

Fixes:
  • a bug where editing posts that contained mentions caused duplicate alerts
  • a bug where new posts that were merged into existing posts containing a mention of same user resulted in duplicate alerts
  • a bug where in some situations the name cache was corrupted by user group formatting HTML

To upgrade: Deactivate, Overwrite existing files, and activate the plugin in ACP.

Hello Wildcard

I just installed the 3.2.2 version. Thanks for releasing this new version. However, I just noticed that if usernames "violate" the "Minimum Username Length" (Home » Board Settings » Login and Registration Options), then that user won't be "mentioned". For instance, I have usernames with three characters; then I decided to enforce it as minimum of 5 characters. My usernames with three and four characters aren't mentioned, only 5 characters and up.

I hope this makes sense.
(2018-01-13, 10:03 PM)albano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Wildcard

I just installed the 3.2.2 version. Thanks for releasing this new version. However, I just noticed that if usernames "violate" the "Minimum Username Length" (Home » Board Settings » Login and Registration Options), then that user won't be "mentioned". For instance, I have usernames with three characters; then I decided to enforce it as minimum of 5 characters. My usernames with three and four characters aren't mentioned, only 5 characters and up.

I hope this makes sense.

Yes, it makes sense. I am aware of this issue as another user reported it last year. I guess I may need to adjust some things.

Let me think of the best way to do that and I will try to get something together.

Thanks for the report.
It would be nice to be integrated with DVZ Shoutbox, as I mentioned at the beginning. Wink
I remember that now, but I had honestly completely forgotten about it.

If a built-in solution doesn't make sense, I may post a tutorial. Please continue to be patient as I am trying to give MyBB as much of my time as possible to help with 1.9 and Twig template conversions.