MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MentionMe 3.2.12 (for MyAlerts 2.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MentionMe 3.1.4 Released

Changes:
  • case is now preserved for inserted mentions
  • further design improvements by @Eldenroot

To upgrade: deactivate the plugin, overwrite the existing files, and activate.

This marks the last point in the 3.1 series. 3.2 is currently underway, you can track its progress on GitHub.
I am just testing v3.2 - it adds support for quick edit! Thank you @Wildcard!
(2017-10-11, 06:11 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I am just testing v3.2 - it adds support for quick edit! Thank you @Wildcard!

You are certainly welcome. Thanks for all your help with testing, bug reports, and design improvements.
(2017-10-11, 09:02 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-11, 06:11 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I am just testing v3.2 - it adds support for quick edit! Thank you @Wildcard!

You are certainly welcome. Thanks for all your help with testing, bug reports, and design improvements.

Glad to help, you are welcome. Keep good work! Thank you!
Great plugin Smile

One issue I have come across is on edge - the @ is jumping to after the username and the tag fails

Doesn't occur in Chrome or Firefox. One member reported this issue in Edge and I replicated it

Is there a fix, or will that be fixed in the new version?
Nope, no report = no fix - so thank you fro your report. I am sure that the fix will be there sooner or later. There is a dev version on GitHub with Quick edit support, feel free to test it and let us know. Smile
(2017-10-19, 04:37 PM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]Great plugin Smile

One issue I have come across is on edge - the @ is jumping to after the username and the tag fails

Doesn't occur in Chrome or Firefox.  One member reported this issue in Edge and I replicated it

Is there a fix, or will that be fixed in the new version?

Some more info on this for you guys to fix this error

> The above issue is only on the RIN Editor
> It doesn't occur when I disable the drop-down box

I have disabled the drop-down box to satisfy the 4% of users that use Edge (why would they do that... nevermind), but would like to enable this as soon as I can because it is an excellent feature!

Any chance I can somehow remove drop-down box just for Edge users as a temporary fix
(2017-10-21, 01:52 PM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]I have disabled the drop-down box to satisfy the 4% of users that use Edge (why would they do that... nevermind), but would like to enable this as soon as I can because it is an excellent feature!

I'm sorry you are having problems. Let me install Edge (why is this happening to me?) and do some testing...also, I will look for known issues with CKEditor and MS Edge.

(2017-10-21, 01:52 PM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance I can somehow remove drop-down box just for Edge users as a temporary fix

If you turn off the JavaScript minification setting in ACP and add a conditional after line 1681 (if you are using 3.1.4) or 1661 (if you are using 3.2 beta) of jscripts/MentionMe/autocomplete.js it should work, but I haven't tested it.

Add this code:

if (window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Edge") !== -1) {
			return false;
		}

For 3.1.4:

function init() {
		// insert here
		if (ckeditorCore.check()) {

For 3.2 BETA

function init() {
		var id, key;

// insert here

[...]
Thanks @Wildcard

The temporary fix works great Smile
You're welcome. Thanks for reporting issues.

I don't have Windows 10, so I can't test Edge apparently. Annoying MS!

Anyway, are you using Rin Editor? I'm trying to see which version of CKEditor you are using so that I can look for bugs specific to your issue.