MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MentionMe 3.2.12 (for MyAlerts 2.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll probably have to switch back over to MentionMe from DVZ Mentions, due to PHP 7 issues. Both are great plugins, but I only used DVZ Mentions because it was the only mention plugin optimized for MyBB 1.8, so seeing MentionMe updated in recent months means I can roll back.
So my cache file isn't generating and it just keeps erroring, what chmod on what folder should I have set to make this work?

After doing a quick run at it, it's supposed to be database but can't find the proper structure for it or where it's supposed to make the tables?

So basically, whenever I load a page with the @whatever it fails to load anything and locks me out, I'm not sure if this is caching problems but it shouldn't be.
I'm sorry you are having problems. Please provide a test account so that I can try to troubleshoot the issue.

Feel free to PM details.
Thank you Wildcard, turns out I didn't have mbstring installed and didn't know it was necessary however thanks so much for your help sorting this out! You're a legend!
You're welcome. I'm just glad you got it working.

If you have any other issues, report them in this thread, or on Github and I'll try to help when I have time.
MentionMe 3.2.4 Released

Fixes:
  • a bug where an incorrect setting name was used, disabling the ability to open mention links in a new window or tab (fixed by SvePu)
Changes:
  • The query to retrieve thread participants for the autocomplete popup proved to be quite intensive for larger forums. chack1172 and I made some improvements to the SQL : PHP ratio and simplified the query for a nice increase in performance and efficiency.
To upgrade: Deactivate in ACP, overwrite the existing files, and activate the plugin again.
(2018-03-14, 12:00 PM)truthmayvary Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Wildcard,

first of all, thank you for all the effort you're  putting into this plugin, really cool! Smile
Now, I seem to have a little problem with the latest version (I don't think this occurred in the previous ones, so I am a little lost). The plugin itself runs smoothly but whenever guests try to post a new topic, they get the following error message (even though the topic is still posted in the meantime): 

Quote:Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getByCode() on boolean in /www/htdocs/[...]/inc/plugins/MentionMe/alerts.php:118 Stack trace: #0 /www/htdocs/[...]/inc/class_plugins.php(142): mentionMeMyAlertsDoNewReplyEnd('') #1 /www/htdocs/[...]/newthread.php(501): pluginSystem->run_hooks(Array) #2 {main} thrown in /www/htdocs/[...]/inc/plugins/MentionMe/alerts.php on line 118

The MyAlerts plugin that I'm using (version 2.0.3) is mentioned as well but the problem only seems to disappear when I deactivate or deinstall your MentionMe plugin. So I'm not sure where the problem is but I'm hoping to find help here...

Hello,

I have the exact same Problem with the 3.2.4 Version. When a Guest posts a Reply the error message shows up on a white page. The Post shows up in the Topic but the message comes up everytime a Guest posts something. Does someone know why this is happening?
Hi there Wildcard. Super awesome plugin.

I need help! I can't get this to work with usernames that have two seperate words, is there any way to resolve that? The auto-complete doesn't seem to work either. I'm very new to myBB and forum coding so I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what to do. Thankful for advice and help Smile
(2018-06-25, 08:22 PM)XIII Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I have the exact same Problem with the 3.2.4 Version. When a Guest posts a Reply the error message shows up on a white page. The Post shows up in the Topic but the message comes up everytime a Guest posts something. Does someone know why this is happening?

Hi XIII,

I took a look and was able to reproduce the issue you are reporting. Thanks for providing such good detail. I was able to track it down and fix it within minutes. Smile

I have created issue on GitHub and will get this fixed in the next maintenance release.

Thanks for your reports and patience.
(2018-06-25, 09:41 PM)mamao15 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there Wildcard. Super awesome plugin.

I need help! I can't get this to work with usernames that have two seperate words, is there any way to resolve that? The auto-complete doesn't seem to work either. I'm very new to myBB and forum coding so I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what to do. Thankful for advice and help Smile

Hi mamao15,

To answer your first question, MentionMe allows two different syntaxes, quoted and unquoted. In the unquoted version (@user), spaces will cause names not to be recognized.

In the quoted version (@"user", @'user', or @user), names with spaces are linked and alerted correctly, eg. ( @"user name" )

More importantly is the failure of autocomplete for you. To me, this is one of the best things about MentionMe. Lets work on getting that working and then you won't have to worry about which syntax to use because the autocomplete popup will handle all of that for you.

Probably the easiest way is to give me some temp admin credentials so I can see what issues are prevented autocomplete from working. If you don't feel comfortable with that, I understand.