MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MentionMe 3.2.12 (for MyAlerts 2.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-09-23, 06:31 AM)8guawong Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible to mention a group of people?
like @admins then all users in the admin group will be mentioned automatically

This question gets asked a lot. I guess I need to make a FAQ for MentionMe and put stuff like this into it.

The answer is that because MyAlerts doesn't give us a way to send multiple alerts, I have avoided adding this feature because mentioning groups could potentially add thousands of queries to a forum, w/o some sort of batch system in place.

Also, we would all have to reach a consensus about how group mentions could be formatted (@admins will not work because then no user can ever have a name that is the same as the group name.)
Hello Smile

I really hope someone can help me since I'm at a total loss right now...

I updated to 1.8.21 this weekend, followed every instruction I could find, did not experience any difficulties at all, except for the MentionMe plugin. I just can't get the autocomplete function to work with the new SCEditor.

I deleted and reinstalled the editor (several times), I updated, deinstalled and reinstalled the plugin (also several times). I deactivated every. single. other. plugin I have in case any of them were causing troubles - nothing.

It seems like no matter what I do or try, autocomplete won't work in full thread mode. It works just fine in quick reply and inline edit.
No errors in my browser console. 

Please help, anyone? I'm about to go mad Huh
Hi @piduit

Can you tell me which theme you're using?

Also, do you see any JavaScript errors in the developer console?

Give me a little more info and I will try to help.
Hi @Wildcard

I'm using the default theme with some custom changes (mostly CSS, some html in the templates, but no JavaScript changes). I updated all changed templates manually after I ran the update script.

The console doesn't give me ANY errors at all Huh
(2019-09-23, 04:08 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-23, 06:31 AM)8guawong Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible to mention a group of people?
like @admins then all users in the admin group will be mentioned automatically

This question gets asked a lot. I guess I need to make a FAQ for MentionMe and put stuff like this into it.

The answer is that because MyAlerts doesn't give us a way to send multiple alerts, I have avoided adding this feature because mentioning groups could potentially add thousands of queries to a forum, w/o some sort of batch system in place.

Also, we would all have to reach a consensus about how group mentions could be formatted (@admins will not work because then no user can ever have a name that is the same as the group name.)

thx for your reply
(2019-10-02, 06:44 AM)piduit Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @Wildcard

I'm using the default theme with some custom changes (mostly CSS, some html in the templates, but no JavaScript changes). I updated all changed templates manually after I ran the update script.

The console doesn't give me ANY errors at all Huh

That's odd.

If you can give me some temp credentials through PM I can take a look but it might be tomorrow night before I have time. (I shouldn't need admin, just a user account that can post)

(2019-10-02, 08:10 AM)8guawong Wrote: [ -> ]thx for your reply

You're welcome.
I just messaged you. Thanks!
To those reading the thread, @piduit helped me find a bug in the JavaScript for SCEditor autocomplete. I'll be patching that in 3.2.13, to be released soon.
Hello my friend!

I don't want to blow up your Inbox any more than I already have, so I thought I'd post here.

This is what we're seeing:

New Thread:

[Image: 0icMRSo.png]

New Reply:

[Image: chBh1gA.png]

Reply to existing post:

[Image: kDc7Udd.png]

Edit post (Full):

[Image: sw3KJUr.png]

And then, finally, Edit post (Quick):

[Image: isdZwVh.png]

Currently, I have the Quick Editor turned off, but it was working there also. 

Any thoughts on what I may have screwed up and why it works for you when you visited?

Thank you!
I can't understand the problem either, @Catch.

Can you go to ACP -> Configuration -> MentionMe Setting and set Minify JavaScript? to NO; do a hard refresh on newreply.php; and then open console; attempt a mention; and look for any errors that pop up?

If so, post them here.