MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MentionMe 3.2.12 (for MyAlerts 2.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-06-05, 07:38 PM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]How about tagging everyone in the thread? You could even place a limit to the top 5/10/ 20 posters

I like the idea of being able to tagging in groups, so (as an example) on a Football based forum "Hay @manchesterunited fans". One I could see as being very useful is @staff - would love to see that

I'm all for it too. Seriously, I think it would be awesome.

Maybe, I could just write my own multi-mention alert system so that each group mention could be done in one query, but I would still have to check each user to see if they have permission to get alerted from that thread...

It's worth thinking about for sure, but I warn you that I am completely rewriting Advanced Sidebox right now and I can't say how long it will take. And I want to get Picture Perfect at least to beta this year.

I'll see what I can do. Thank you for your patience.
Hmm after updating to 1.8.21 this plugin works in the quick reply but not the full reply!
(2019-06-13, 05:36 PM)Metallix Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm after updating to 1.8.21 this plugin works in the quick reply but not the full reply!

That makes two reports. I'll have to take a look. Possibly something changed in SCEditor.
Wildcard, you should be add usergroup mention function, what allow Mods and Admins mention usergroups (or other usergroups, when admins allow).
(2019-06-16, 05:06 PM)ks1001 Wrote: [ -> ]Wildcard, you should be add usergroup mention function, what allow Mods and Admins mention usergroups (or other usergroups, when admins allow).

Yes, this has been discussed recently. I am in the middle of trying to get ASB 4.0 released, then I have work on Picture Perfect left to do, and then I have some great ideas for Developer Tools modules, and then I will make my way back to MentionMe. That is, once I solve the errors that some users have reported with MentionMe since 1.8.21 was released.
Hey! Your plugin is absolutely amazing, thanks for that. Upgrading to the latest MyBB version 1.8.21 today I noticed this:

[Image: 77ae03f797.png]

The mmmmm and image bothers me, when selecting it and inspecting it I saw the text came from your plugin: 
[Image: 57553f6fc2.png]

I tried it with multiple browsers so it isn't an browser specific issue, disabling the plugin causes it to go away. I'm using the Dazzle theme by audentio design. 

Regards,
Hugo.
Hi Hugo,

There have been some reports about incompatibilities with MyBB 1.8.21, but I haven't had time to look at them yet.

For your issue, can you try uninstalling and re-installing MentionMe?
Yeah I had the same problem but uninstalling and reinstalling it fixed that problem.
(2019-06-17, 05:41 PM)Metallix Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I had the same problem but uninstalling and reinstalling it fixed that problem.

I have been chasing this bug for a long time, with no result. All of my plugins use the same library to install style sheets, but MentionMe is the only one that has an issue.

Oh well, it will eventually come to light. For now, uninstalling isn't that bad for a plugin like this that doesn't have a lot of set up involved.
(2019-06-17, 04:19 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Hugo,

There have been some reports about incompatibilities with MyBB 1.8.21, but I haven't had time to look at them yet.

For your issue, can you try uninstalling and re-installing MentionMe?

Hey Wildcard, thanks for your quick reply!

Uninstalling and then installing again the the trick, stupid I haven't thought about that hahaha. Thanks.