MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MentionMe 3.2.12 (for MyAlerts 2.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys, I apologize for taking so long. Please be patient and I will try to help when I get time.
Thank you! I appreciate! It will make your plugin best possible option for many forums. Cheers!
@panayot

I've created a new branch on GitHub with a new customization option that can solve your problem. If you can test it out for me and see how it works, maybe we can get it released soon.

The test release is here: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Mentio...enance.zip

Instructions:

Update MentionMe by simply overwriting all files. Then add this to your footer template for the BootBB theme:

(I have included the MentionMe variable just to illustrate placement)
<script type="text/javascript">
var MentionMe = (function(m) {
	m.customSCEditorContainerOffset = {
		left: 0,
		top: 2,
	};

return m;
})(MentionMe || {});
</script>

{$mentionAutocomplete}

Then, make sure to hard refresh. The minified version should work fine.

This should fix the issue and provide a way for theme authors to work around this issue, I hope. Please let me know how it goes.
It works!

Thank you!

I added the javascript code after the </footer> tag of BootBB theme.

Now both BootBB and Default themes work correctly.

While testing, I came upon an unrelated issue with the plugin. Here is how to reproduce it:

1. I installed MentionMe while MyAlerts was in a deactivated state
2. Deactivated MentionMe
3. Uninstalled MentionMe and got this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'MybbStuff_MyAlerts_AlertTypeManager' not found in /home/ppp/mybb.panayot.com/inc/plugins/MentionMe/install.php:257 Stack trace: #0 /home/ppp/mybb.panayot.com/admin/modules/config/plugins.php(452): mention_uninstall() #1 /home/ppp/mybb.panayot.com/admin/index.php(821): require('/home/ppp/m...') #2 {main} thrown in /home/ppp/mybb.panayot.com/inc/plugins/MentionMe/install.php on line 257

If MyAlerts is Activated during the Uninstall, there are is no error.
(2019-07-11, 12:17 PM)panayot Wrote: [ -> ]It works!

Thank you!

I added the javascript code after the </footer> tag of BootBB theme.

Now both BootBB and Default themes work correctly.

That is great news. Now I will look at the adjustment needed for the NetPen theme for @Weasel-L

(2019-07-11, 12:17 PM)panayot Wrote: [ -> ]While testing, I came upon an unrelated issue with the plugin.

Thanks for the report. I'll try to get this done for 3.2.12

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/MentionMe/issues/248
Thank you! Will wait for new hints from you on how to make it work better Smile
Having some problems with this plugin.

Tagging works fine (for one-word names at least) when the tag is entered manually. For some reason, the autocomplete popup stays as 'display: none'. When I turn off the display: none element style, the popup itself is below my footer, constantly displays the spinner, and doesn't display the list of names for auto-complete if I begin inputting known account names.
Have you tried uninstalling and installing again?
I am sorry to ask, but any news on the NetPen Pro front? Smile Thank you for looking into it! Have a great day!
(2019-07-17, 07:45 AM)Weasel-L Wrote: [ -> ]I am sorry to ask, but any news on the NetPen Pro front? Smile Thank you for looking into it! Have a great day!

TBH, I haven't had any luck with it. I can't understand why, but the caret positioning functionality fails on that theme. I have been busy at work, so I haven't made it back to testing yet. I will try again as soon as I can. Maybe this weekend if things go well.