MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MentionMe 3.2.12 (for MyAlerts 2.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, thanks Smile .

martec did run some tests, and suggested that I disable the auto-complete feature for MentionMe. This worked - so, after doing that, I'm able to run both plugins simultaneously without issue. Losing the auto-complete box isn't ideal, but for now, I'm happy with it as a workaround.

So, if there is indeed an issue with MentionMe, I'm hoping this will help you to identify it Smile .
(2019-02-10, 12:54 PM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]So, if there is indeed an issue with MentionMe, I'm hoping this will help you to identify it Smile .

Can you try going to ACP -> Config -> MentionMe Settings and try disabling 'Minify JavaScript'-- or have you already tried that?
(2019-02-10, 01:21 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-10, 12:54 PM)Kyng Wrote: [ -> ]So, if there is indeed an issue with MentionMe, I'm hoping this will help you to identify it Smile .

Can you try going to ACP -> Config -> MentionMe Settings and try disabling 'Minify JavaScript'-- or have you already tried that?

Minifying JavaScript doesn't appear to resolve the issue for me (assuming that I still have AutoComplete enabled, that is).
Wildcard - just to let you know the bug I reported is down to the alerts plugin, not your plugin, so you have no need to worry about it; I've moved my error the MyAlerts thread Smile
(2019-02-11, 09:49 PM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]Wildcard - just to let you know the bug I reported is down to the alerts plugin, not your plugin, so you have no need to worry about it; I've moved my error the MyAlerts thread Smile

Thanks for letting me know.

@Kyng I tested and cannot reproduce the issue. I should have more time tomorrow and I will give it another try.
(2019-02-11, 10:06 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]@Kyng I tested and cannot reproduce the issue. I should have more time tomorrow and I will give it another try.

I did not check the code to be sure but if error happen when option "Put the editor in source mode by default" is enabled.
[Image: 6ESUwWW.png]

so probably the error below

[Image: 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f...362e706e67]

is caused because the mentionme trying to access this.editor.document, but if rin editor started in source mode, the this.editor.document does not exist.

you probably need to do something like below.
check if editor start in source mode, and when user change editor mode.

editor.on('instanceReady', function ( editor ) {
	if ( typeof automentionck === "function" ) {
		if (editor.editor.mode == 'source') {
			automentionck( '#'+editor.editor.name+'_2' );
		}
		else {
			automentionck( $(editor.editor.document.getBody().$) );
		}
	}
	editor.editor.on('mode', function( editor ) {
		if ( typeof automentionck === "function" ) {
			$('.atwho-container').remove();
			if (editor.editor.mode == 'source') {
				automentionck( '#'+editor.editor.name+'_2' );
			}
			else {
				automentionck( $(editor.editor.document.getBody().$) );
			}
		}
	});
});

if my guess is wrong then sorry.
(2019-02-12, 08:22 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f...362e706e67]

is caused because the mentionme trying to access this.editor.document, but if rin editor started in source mode, the this.editor.document does not exist.

That makes perfect sense! Thanks, I will give it another look tonight. Smile
Every aspect of this plugin works great for me except for the autofill. The second I enter "@" the browser begins to freeze, I tried this across multiple devices and it froze.

Edit: I ran the Rebuild Name Cache task and the browser stopped freezing. Do I always have to manually run the Name Cache task?

Also do you recommend turning off avatars to speed up load time?
You will save one query, but all is cached so you wont see any different
(2019-02-15, 02:21 AM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]Every aspect of this plugin works great for me except for the autofill. The second I enter "@" the browser begins to freeze, I tried this across multiple devices and it froze.

I am sorry that you are having problems.

(2019-02-15, 02:21 AM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: I ran the Rebuild Name Cache task and the browser stopped freezing. Do I always have to manually run the Name Cache task?

No, you shouldn't have to rebuild the name cache at all. It is on a task to run every day and refresh itself (which is also to help keep the size of the name cache down). I have included the "Rebuild Name Cache" link to help with issues when users change their name and don't want to wait 24 hours for mentions to work correctly.

Apparently, something is corrupting the name cache or otherwise causing issues when it loads (that is the first thing that happens when you type your first @ in a post)

Do me a favor? Try these things:

1. Disable Minify Javascript setting in ACP -> Config -> MentionMe Settings and try again.
2. If that doesn't help, please use your console to check for JS errors or issues (generally shift+F5 gets you to console, on Firefox, it is Ctrl+Shift+K)

If you get an errors, please post them here.

Also, you can go to ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> Cache Manager -> [wildcard_plugins] and check the "mentionme" entries. Look for the "namecache" entry and look for malformed user names or any data that doesn't seem right.

[Image: pDXmT1S.png]

(2019-02-15, 02:21 AM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]Also do you recommend turning off avatars to speed up load time?

Allowing avatars in the popup does increase the footprint of the plugin a little, but it really isn't enough to worry about in my opinion. In the interest of being forthright, these are the changes when avatars are used:

An extra field is added to the query for building the name cache
The name cache itself grows by a few bytes:

(avatar URL length + allocation space for another array element) x cached users count
————————————
total increase

Also avatars that aren't already cached will have to be loaded, obviously.