MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MentionMe 3.2.12 (for MyAlerts 2.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyone who uses own language pack (translations)? I cannot make it working, only default English language file for front-end is loaded always. I just wanna make sure if it is issue only for my board or it is a bug. Thank you!
I still seem to have problems with the MentionMe button that mentions the selected user in the quickreply box. I am using SCEditor, clicking the button doesn't anchors me down to quickreply and it doesn't embed the username. It doesn't function at all.

It does work with the standard message box but when I add the {$codebuttons} into quickreply the button no longer embeds the username.
(2017-03-28, 02:09 AM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]I still seem to have problems with the MentionMe button that mentions the selected user in the quickreply box. I am using SCEditor, clicking the button doesn't anchors me down to quickreply and it doesn't embed the username. It doesn't function at all.

It does work with the standard message box but when I add the {$codebuttons} into quickreply the button no longer embeds the username.

I'm sorry you are having problems.

We are in the middle of a maintenance point update for MentionMe (3.1.1) which will solve some common problems with the plugin. If you could share some information on your particular problem (templates, etc. to reproduce) via PM I can try to test in about 12 hours when I get home.
Hello @wildcard

In the plugin section of my ACP, the MentionMe plugin has a link to "Plugin Settings". When I click there, it takes me to " Home » Board Settings " yet the following error displays: "No settings were found for the specified search phrase."

If I scroll down towards the bottom of the page towards "Plugin Settings", the following shows up:

MentionMe Settings (0 Settings)

I have uninstall and re-install. RE-download the plugin and re-uploaded to the forum and notice the same issue. Am I missing something?
I can't imagine what the issue could be. Have you tried installing on a fresh copy of MyBB in a testing environment?
(2017-04-28, 11:17 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]I can't imagine what the issue could be. Have you tried installing on a fresh copy of MyBB in a testing environment?

The issue is whether this plugin has additional settings under "Home > Board Settings" or not. What I'll do is uninstall the plugin, remove all files, then download a fresh copy from github and try it again and let you know. So my question to you is: is the plugin supposed to have those additional settings or not?
When installing a fresh copy, and then clicking on the "Install/Activate" button, I get the following:

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1366 - Incorrect integer value: 'NULL' for column 'sid' at row 1
Query:
INSERT INTO mybbno_settings (`sid`,`name`,`title`,`description`,`optionscode`,`value`,`disporder`,`gid`) VALUES ('NULL','mention_auto_complete','Auto-Complete Mentions?','YES (default) to autocomplete mentions as they are typed on showthread in Quick Reply and full post/edit pages','yesno','1','10',40), ('NULL','mention_max_items','Maximum Items In Popup','if autocomplete is used, this setting will limit the size of the popup','text','5','20',40), ('NULL','mention_get_thread_participants','Retrieve Thread Participants?','YES (default) to include and proritize highly names of users who have participated in the current thread','yesno','1','30',40), ('NULL','mention_full_text_search','Full Text Search?','YES to match characters in the autocomplete popup anywhere in the username, NO (default) to search for usernames that start with the typed characters','yesno','0','40',40), ('NULL','mention_show_avatars','Show User Avatars?','YES (default) to show user avatars in the autocomplete popup, NO to show usernames only','yesno','1','50',40), ('NULL','mention_add_postbit_button','Add a Postbit Button?','YES to add a button to each post allowing users to tag multiple members to mention (NO by default)','yesno','0','60',40), ('NULL','mention_multiple','Multiple Mentions?','YES (default) to mimic the multi-quote feature or NO to instantly insert the mention on click<br /><br /><strong>The postbit button setting must be set to YES for this setting to take effect</strong>','yesno','0','70',40), ('NULL','mention_format_names','Format Usernames?','YES (default) to format user names according to their display group, NO to format mentions as plain links','yesno','1','80',40), ('NULL','mention_display_symbol','Display Symbol','Set this to @ or another symbol to use to prefix mentions, leave blank for no prefix','text','@','90',40), ('NULL','mention_cache_time','Cache Cut-off Time','The task caches usernames based on when they were last active. In days, specify how far back to go. (Large forums should stick with low numbers to reduce the size of the namecache)','text','7','100',40), ('NULL','mention_minify_js','Minify JavaScript?','YES (default) to serve client-side scripts minified to increase performance, NO to serve beautiful, commented code ;)','yesno','1','110',40), ('NULL','mention_advanced_matching','Enable Advanced Matching?','This option allows user names with whitespace to be processed by MentionMe without the necessity of enclosing user names in double quotes.<br /><br />This feature can greatly increase the server load and is not recommended for large forums.','yesno','0','120',40)
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

The weird thing is that if I press the back browser button, MentionMe 3.1 appears in the Active Plugin list. Now, what I have noticed also is that while mentioning users, the integration with MyAlerts is not working. Yes, I had clicked on "Integrate With MyAlerts" already.

Once again in the Board Settings page, it shows zero settings.
Is 3.1.1 supposed to include this Board Settings?

forum site: https://foro.guitarravallenata.com
test account: laboratorio/experimento
Hello team -

I'm bumping this thread to see if somebody can help me with this issue?
Are you using the latest version of MentionMe? I', just getting back from three weeks out of town. I'll try to help when I'm home this evening (about ten hours).

Sorry for the delays.
Hello Wildard

Thanks for the response. I hope you got home well.

Let's focus on my issues one at a time. Yes, I did install your latest version 3.1. I downloaded one from the github and from mybb extend. I even tested this on a fresh mybb 1811 install with the same outcome. Now, my question to you would be:

Is there any system requirements document to run MentionMe? For instance, PHP version, MySQL version, HTTP server version (apache, IIS)? If there is, let me know so I can discuss it with my HTTP hosting provider. Inview of that, I'd like to review error:

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1366 - Incorrect integer value: 'NULL' for column 'sid' at row 1
Query:
INSERT INTO mybbno_settings (`sid`,`name`,`title`,`description`,`optionscode`,`value`,`disporder`,`gid`) VALUES ('NULL','mention_auto_complete','Auto-Complete Mentions?','YES (default) to autocomplete mentions as they are typed on showthread in Quick Reply and full post/edit pages','yesno','1','10',40), ('NULL','mention_max_items','Maximum Items In Popup','if autocomplete is used, this setting will limit the size of the popup','text','5','20',40), ('NULL','mention_get_thread_participants','Retrieve Thread Participants?','YES (default) to include and proritize highly names of users who have participated in the current thread','yesno','1','30',40), ('NULL','mention_full_text_search','Full Text Search?','YES to match characters in the autocomplete popup anywhere in the username, NO (default) to search for usernames that start with the typed characters','yesno','0','40',40), ('NULL','mention_show_avatars','Show User Avatars?','YES (default) to show user avatars in the autocomplete popup, NO to show usernames only','yesno','1','50',40), ('NULL','mention_add_postbit_button','Add a Postbit Button?','YES to add a button to each post allowing users to tag multiple members to mention (NO by default)','yesno','0','60',40), ('NULL','mention_multiple','Multiple Mentions?','YES (default) to mimic the multi-quote feature or NO to instantly insert the mention on click<br /><br /><strong>The postbit button setting must be set to YES for this setting to take effect</strong>','yesno','0','70',40), ('NULL','mention_format_names','Format Usernames?','YES (default) to format user names according to their display group, NO to format mentions as plain links','yesno','1','80',40), ('NULL','mention_display_symbol','Display Symbol','Set this to @ or another symbol to use to prefix mentions, leave blank for no prefix','text','@','90',40), ('NULL','mention_cache_time','Cache Cut-off Time','The task caches usernames based on when they were last active. In days, specify how far back to go. (Large forums should stick with low numbers to reduce the size of the namecache)','text','7','100',40), ('NULL','mention_minify_js','Minify JavaScript?','YES (default) to serve client-side scripts minified to increase performance, NO to serve beautiful, commented code ;)','yesno','1','110',40), ('NULL','mention_advanced_matching','Enable Advanced Matching?','This option allows user names with whitespace to be processed by MentionMe without the necessity of enclosing user names in double quotes.<br /><br />This feature can greatly increase the server load and is not recommended for large forums.','yesno','0','120',40)
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

I get that error when installing the plugin for the first time. If I refresh the browser, the plugin shows as active. While the plugin does work by "tagging" the user, the integration with MyAlerts is broken. Also the Autocompletion is broken. And I don't get the "MentionMe settings" page in ACP -> Configuration -> Plugin settings.

forum site: https://foro.guitarravallenata.com
test account: laboratorio/experimento
MyBB Version     1.8.11
PHP Version     5.5.38
SQL Engine     MySQL 5.6.35
Apache Version     2.4.25