MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MentionMe 3.2.12 (for MyAlerts 2.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-01-25, 08:15 PM)kmriley Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

I've tried multiple times to install DVZ Mentions, to no avail. Anytime I install the dvz_mentions.php file, it blanks out the plugin page. The second I remove that single file, the plugin page returns. I've even tried searching the files to see if there are any duplicates or missing files. Any tips? :/

First of all, this isn't the correct thread. DVZ Mentions is a different plugin.

Secondly, I feel certain that your problem is that you need to be running PHP 7 to use DVZ Mentions iirc.
Ignore
Ahhhh, I am so sorry! I had both browsers open (I've tried playing with both plugins) and accidentally posted to the wrong one, hahah. So sorry, Wildcard! Smile
Not a problem. Smile
(2018-01-17, 10:48 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]how would that help me when I don't know which users are mentioned until I parse the message?

You could just query all posts to grab data before the core post querying, then prepare mentions, and finally replace them once the actual parser is ran.
I still wouldn't know WHO was mentioned in the content of the post until I actually parsed the message.
That is what I meant, just query for the posts content before the actual core query is executed. You don't need to wait till the core does its stuff to get what you need.
Hey Wildcard,

first of all, thank you for all the effort you're  putting into this plugin, really cool! Smile
Now, I seem to have a little problem with the latest version (I don't think this occurred in the previous ones, so I am a little lost). The plugin itself runs smoothly but whenever guests try to post a new topic, they get the following error message (even though the topic is still posted in the meantime): 

Quote:Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getByCode() on boolean in /www/htdocs/[...]/inc/plugins/MentionMe/alerts.php:118 Stack trace: #0 /www/htdocs/[...]/inc/class_plugins.php(142): mentionMeMyAlertsDoNewReplyEnd('') #1 /www/htdocs/[...]/newthread.php(501): pluginSystem->run_hooks(Array) #2 {main} thrown in /www/htdocs/[...]/inc/plugins/MentionMe/alerts.php on line 118

The MyAlerts plugin that I'm using (version 2.0.3) is mentioned as well but the problem only seems to disappear when I deactivate or deinstall your MentionMe plugin. So I'm not sure where the problem is but I'm hoping to find help here...
Hi, seems that there is a problem with 2.0.3 and MyBB 1.8.15 Sad
I'm very sorry to everyone, but I am in a tight space with time restrictions for a while. I'll do my best to take a look at any issues, including the few that have issues created on GitHub as soon as I possibly can.

Thanks for your patience.