MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MentionMe 3.2.12 (for MyAlerts 2.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you! Updated Smile
(2016-12-16, 05:37 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
[Image: T6K8NKn.png]
MentionMe 3.2.5
for MyBB 1.8.x
and MyAlerts 2.x

by
Wildcard

DownloadGitHubWiki

MentionMe is the original, all-in-one solution for Twitter-style tagging on MyBB Forums.
Features:

Built-in auto-complete
without requiring two plugins

[Image: 4bYcbx1.png]

Mentions are formatted by user group (admin controllable)

[Image: MgvxY8j.png]

Postbit button for single or multiple mentions (admin controllable)

[Image: 8n2ezDP.png]

Compatible with MyAlerts

[Image: AXk7QkU.png]

• supports standard textarea, SCEditor (default WYSIWYG), CKEditor (Rin Editor, etc.), MHEditor (doylecc)
  • full text search
  • displays avatars in autocomplete popup
  • uses and prioritizes users from the current thread, when applicable
  • uses name caching so rarely needs to query
  • highly configurable; easy to customize styles
  • prefix mentions with @, a custom symbol, or with no prefix
  • abides by user's ignore list when sending alerts
  • checks permissions when sending alerts

Dependencies:

The PHP extension mbstring must be installed in order to use this plugin.

Resources:

Support
I make no guarantees of support but I will always try. If you need support for this plugin please create a support thread at MyBB forums.

Bugs/Issues

Please report any problems found at the GitHub repository for this project, in this thread or in a new thread on MyBB Community Forums. Although I will answer questions at my own forum, I prefer not to.

Info
For plugin usage and installation, see the Mention Me wiki on GitHub.

Improve MentionMe!

I have started a GitHub repository for this plugin. Ideas and bug reports are welcome there and anyone wanting to collaborate is more than welcome Smile

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/MentionMe

Thanks to all of you that gave help and feedback Smile

just downloaded this plugin, runs smooth as eggplant.
(2018-08-05, 02:45 PM)Spooking Wrote: [ -> ]just downloaded this plugin, runs smooth as eggplant.

lol I needed that laugh

Thank you.
So I'm using this plugin and it doesn't do the drop down thing. I type @ and nothing shows up even though it's set in the settings. It does tag users though, that works but no drop down and it doesn't work with usernames that have a space.

Any ideas?

I see this "The PHP extension mbstring must be installed in order to use this plugin." but I don't know what that means or how to install it. Is this what I'm missing? I'm able to use the plugin though so I'm not sure.
Can you just try uninstalling and reinstalling?

I have had issues in the past with no autocomplete on initial installed that were solved by uninstalling and reinstalling, but I have not been able to track down what is happening with it.
(2018-08-06, 04:39 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Can you just try uninstalling and reinstalling?

I have had issues in the past with no autocomplete on initial installed that were solved by uninstalling and reinstalling, but I have not been able to track down what is happening with it.

From the ACP, correct? I uninstalled there then reinstalled and autocomplete is still not working. Cleared my cache and didn't change it either.
Would you be willing to PM a link and test account credentials? (I don't need admin, just a regular user is fine for this part)
MentionMe 3.2.6 Released

Changes:
  • Support added for DVZ Shoutbox (requested by @Eldenroot and many others)
  • Upgraded installer libraries
  • A setting was added for the popup minimum width
  • Added content protection for image folders
Fixes:
  • a bug where CSS was not properly cached on install in some cases (found thanks to @Eldenroot)
  • a bug where permissions didn't consider users that can only view their own threads (reported by @Devilshakerz)
To upgrade: Deactivate in ACP; overwrite existing files; and activate in ACP.
(2018-08-06, 02:44 PM)Metallix Wrote: [ -> ]I type @ and nothing shows up

I took a look and you haven't copied the JavaScript files to the correct location. I get a 404 when trying to view them.

Go back through the installation package and make sure that all files have been copied. (Might as well upgrade to 3.2.6 while you're at it Wink )
Hello Wildcard!

I just updated the plugin from Version 3.1 to the current version 3.2.6 and it seems, some bugs were fixed (I was one of the people who reported the problem with guest posting!) but now I seem to have found a new one that I cannot solve: Whenever a registered user mentions a user that is not in the admin group and then submits that post, they get the following error:
Quote:Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function simple_select() on null in /www/htdocs/[…]/inc/plugins/MentionMe/alerts.php:357 Stack trace: #0 /www/htdocs/[…]/inc/plugins/MentionMe/alerts.php(199): mentionMeCheckPermissions('testaccount', 754, 1, '31', 1518) #1 /www/htdocs/[…]/inc/class_plugins.php(142): mentionMeMyAlertsDoNewReplyEnd('') #2 /www/htdocs/[…]/newreply.php(593): pluginSystem->run_hooks(Array) #3 {main} thrown in [b]/www/htdocs/[…]/inc/plugins/MentionMe/alerts.php[/b] on line [b]357[/b]
When you go back in your browser, you can see that the post was still submitted, though. Oddly enough, this doesn't occur whenever they try to mention a user from the admin group. Also, guests can mention any registered users (admin group or not) without any trouble.
I've tried several things but the only lead I can find is that this didn't occur with the previous version of the plugin that I was using. Do you have any idea what the problem could be and how to solve it?

Kind regards!