MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MentionMe 3.2.12 (for MyAlerts 2.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
nollidnosnhoj, can you give me the board URL? I want to test a little to make sure what the problem is. (Feel free to PM)
if I'm already using dvz mentions and I uninstall that and install your plugin, will your plugin replace the old mentions? also, with that previous question in mind, will it then alert users of 'new mentions' even if they're old?
(2016-12-20, 10:37 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]if I'm already using dvz mentions and I uninstall that and install your plugin, will your plugin replace the old mentions?

If you are asking if the mentions stored in posts will still be recognized, displayed, and linked, then yes. The two plugins work the same way in terms of mention recognition.

(2016-12-20, 10:37 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]also, with that previous question in mind, will it then alert users of 'new mentions' even if they're old?

No. Mention alerts are only created when the post/thread is initially created or when it is edited.
Hi, 
does this compatible with respond theme?

https://community.mybb.com/thread-172197.html

thanks...
(2016-12-20, 12:22 AM)nollidnosnhoj Wrote: [ -> ][Image: g0tqyr.png]

Just posting this here for anyone who experiences similar issues. We figured out that the error was because of the footer template edits did not work. I need to work on the regex used in _activate

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/MentionMe/issues/101

(2016-12-21, 02:37 AM)computing Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, 
does this compatible with respond theme?

https://community.mybb.com/thread-172197.html

thanks...

MentionMe should work for any theme. If you have issues, I'll try my best to help you sort it out.
@andrewjs18 - it is same behaviour as in Facebook.

Maybe there is a space for improvement:
Alert: "User XX and (10) others mentioned you in ...." but this will need more server resources and time for coding
(2016-12-21, 01:22 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-20, 10:37 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]if I'm already using dvz mentions and I uninstall that and install your plugin, will your plugin replace the old mentions?

If you are asking if the mentions stored in posts will still be recognized, displayed, and linked, then yes. The two plugins work the same way in terms of mention recognition.

(2016-12-20, 10:37 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]also, with that previous question in mind, will it then alert users of 'new mentions' even if they're old?

No. Mention alerts are only created when the post/thread is initially created or when it is edited.

thank you. can we strip the @ from being shown when the post is submitted?
(2016-12-21, 06:05 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-21, 01:22 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]

thank you. can we strip the @ from being shown when the post is submitted?

You can do it by changing the file forum.php in inc>plugins>mentionme>forum.php
@<a id="mention_{$user['uid']}" href="{$url}">{$username}</a>

Remove @ from above file.

It should work, I haven't tried it.
(2016-12-21, 06:05 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]thank you. can we strip the @ from being shown when the post is submitted?

(2016-12-21, 11:59 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]You can do it by changing the file forum.php in inc>plugins>mentionme>forum.php
@<a id="mention_{$user['uid']}" href="{$url}">{$username}</a>

Yeah, WallBB is correct. That is currently the only way to remove the '@'.

Is this a popular thing to remove the '@'? If so, I can create a setting so you don't have to modify the source.
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=29

There is a settings for DVZ mentions for removing @ or replace it by different symbol