MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MentionMe 3.2.12 (for MyAlerts 2.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In case the autocomplete popup window in your forums appears in the wrong place (if you do not see it at all, it still could be just a very big offset that places it offscreen), I would suggest to try the solution that @Wildcard posted here even if you do not use BootBB theme.

If position is still not quite right, you can even try to change the two values in the code that you added to footer template to move the window where you want it (you can use negative numbers if needed):

left: 0,
top: 2,

If you succeed, please post your theme name and what you did so that @Wildcard does not have to do all the work going through every existing theme.
(2019-07-25, 02:25 PM)panayot Wrote: [ -> ]In case the autocomplete popup window in your forums appears in the wrong place (if you do not see it at all, it still could be just a very big offset that places it offscreen), I would suggest to try the solution that @Wildcard posted here even if you do not use BootBB theme.

Thanks, but keep in mind that the version of MentionMe that has external configuration built-in has not been released yet. I'll likely get it done soon, but I want to think about a few other adjustments (for textareas, Rin Editor, etc.) that I can build into the final release.

When 3.2.12 is released, I'll include the above mentioned options.
I just wanted to let you be aware that if you remove the @ prefix from tags that MyAlerts doesn't detect the tag to send an alert. Having a tag that reads as USERNAME sends no alert, while @USERNAME does.
(2019-08-03, 07:45 PM)Moonface Wrote: [ -> ]I just wanted to let you be aware that if you remove the @ prefix from tags that MyAlerts doesn't detect the tag to send an alert. Having a tag that reads as USERNAME sends no alert, while @USERNAME does.

If I am understanding you, that is the expected behavior. Read this and confirm whether the behavior is as intended:

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/MentionMe/wiki/Usage
For some reason, members aren't being notified via MyAlerts whenever they get mentioned in posts or in the shoutbox (DVZ Shoutbox), despite tinkering with the settings to ensure that notifications SHOULD get sent out.
(2019-09-02, 07:53 AM)rfssjz Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason, members aren't being notified via MyAlerts whenever they get mentioned in posts or in the shoutbox (DVZ Shoutbox), despite tinkering with the settings to ensure that notifications SHOULD get sent out.

Users will not get alerts when mentioned in the shoutbox. That is intended behavior.
MentionMe 3.2.12 Released

Fixes:
  • a fatal error when MentionMe is uninstalled while MyAlerts is deactivated
  • a bug where if certain combinations of the at symbol @ and the double quote " appeared in a post, mentions after that could not be detected properly

Changes:
  • adds the ability to fine-tune popup position in SCEditor and text areas

To upgrade: Deactivate in ACP; overwrite existing files; activate, again.
I've updated the wiki for MentionMe and added information of the new, popup positioning adjustments.

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Mentio...djustments
is it possible to mention a group of people?
like @admins then all users in the admin group will be mentioned automatically
Nope it is not... myalerts support is mussing