MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MentionMe 3.2.12 (for MyAlerts 2.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-01-17, 10:48 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-17, 09:25 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]You have a small forum.

Size isn't everything.

This solution assumes the number of discussion participants is low enough to be stored in datacache and fetched on each visit - does the plugin set a limit for that?

Quote:
(2018-01-17, 09:25 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Look at My Awards plugin if you need an example of how I do one query for all the posts in a showthread page.

I understand the process of grabbing all the pids in the thread page, but how would that help me when I don't know which users are mentioned until I parse the message?

The usernames name be parsed without replacing first so only one query is needed at the end - done in DVZ Mentions by using temporary placeholders.
(2018-01-17, 11:27 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]This solution assumes the number of discussion participants is low enough to be stored in datacache and fetched on each visit - does the plugin set a limit for that?

Yes, of course. The task refreshes the active name cache once per day per user settings (which prevents it from becoming bloated.) The admin can control how far back to cache active users.

(2018-01-17, 11:27 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]The usernames name be parsed without replacing first so only one query is needed at the end - done in DVZ Mentions by using temporary placeholders.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.
Is there any way to get the auto-complete function to work when the editor is in source mode?
(2018-01-18, 01:32 AM)ChillBro Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to get the auto-complete function to work when the editor is in source mode?

Not currently. I want to eventually fully integrate with WYSIWYG editors— show a formatted mention in WYSIWYG mode and the raw mention in source mode.

With all the changes coming for MyBB, I will probably just maintain MentionMe until the dust settles rather than pursuing new features at this point.
(2018-01-18, 01:43 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-18, 01:32 AM)ChillBro Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to get the auto-complete function to work when the editor is in source mode?

Not currently. I want to eventually fully integrate with WYSIWYG editors— show a formatted mention in WYSIWYG mode and the raw mention in source mode.

With all the changes coming for MyBB, I will probably just maintain MentionMe until the dust settles rather than pursuing new features at this point.

That's understandable. 

Great plugin!

Just a heads up for anyone who wants to know. I got the autocomplete to "work" in source mode.

I had automention by martec installed already and left it installed because I wanted the function in source mode but it seemed limited. I just so happen to have been testing the ckeditor plugin but disabled it(personal choice) but left it installed and now the MentionMe autocomplete works great.

I have my forum set to source mode always by default because of issues with quoting outside articles so this worked for me if anyone else wants the same setup

I was just made aware of a bug by one of my members.

The update breaks the source mode editor when using IE. You have to left click the text area for each letter typed. Typing works fine when not in source mode though
I'm glad you made some progress. Smile
MentionMe 3.2.3 Released

Fixes:
  • a bug where an unquoted function name caused a warning in PHP 7.2
  • a bug where when using Rin editor, autocomplete was broken when toggling to source mode and back
  • a bug where users with names that are shorter than the board's minimum username length setting could not be mentioned
  • a bug where some user names with special characters appeared twice in the autocomplete popup under certain circumstance
Changes:
  • added external upgrade module
  • removed advanced matching as it is no longer necessary with autocomplete and delimiters; results in more efficient processing overall
To upgrade: Deactivate, overwrite existing files, and activate.
Excellent work as always Wildcard Smile

Just a small reminder about the Edge bug that is still present (selecting the name from the drop-down box produces -

"Admin" @

As there are not many Edge users, and I know you don't have access to Edge, maybe just code out the drop-down box for Edge browsers?
(2018-01-21, 09:54 PM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent work as always Wildcard Smile

Thank you. Smile

(2018-01-21, 09:54 PM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]Just a small reminder about the Edge bug[...]

[...]maybe just code out the drop-down box for Edge browsers?

That's a thought. I'm hoping that it is an issue with SCEditor that will be fixed in the next update. Not sure if we are getting that done in 18.15 or not...
Hi!

I've tried multiple times to install DVZ Mentions, to no avail. Anytime I install the dvz_mentions.php file, it blanks out the plugin page. The second I remove that single file, the plugin page returns. I've even tried searching the files to see if there are any duplicates or missing files. Any tips? :/