MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you for clarifying this Frost.
i use mybb seo...but i don`t like the links in GOOGLE SEO ..is it a problem if google indexed my pages with mybb seo and now i change all?
(2010-02-07, 03:32 PM)SpeedyGonzalesFan Wrote: [ -> ]i use mybb seo...but i don`t like the links in GOOGLE SEO ..is it a problem if google indexed my pages with mybb seo and now i change all?

If you do not like the links Google SEO creates, why do you want to switch from MyBB SEO to Google SEO?
because many people say that google seo is better
If you keep the MyBB SEO rewrite rules in your .htaccess, Google SEO will redirect them to the new ones (MyBB default URLs or Google SEO URLs if you enable those). This will minimize the impact caused by the URL change. Plus you'll have an always up to date Sitemap which will enable Google to index your new content quickly.

Please note that switching away from MyBB SEO is a one way road... if you ever decide to go back to MyBB SEO, there is nothing that will do the redirects or sitemap in that direction. MyBB SEO is not supported by anyone.
Today I thought Frost maybe in your next release you can create a few extra separate XML sitemaps ( can be subfolders ) and lines into this SEO Plug-in of yours for different Multiple URL'S on the same domain.

One for Domain.com/International,
One for Domain.ca/CANADA

Then we can have search engines seeking out our sitemaps into the root (robots.txt) and rank us higher with the proper Domain of the URL and Country.

Since we can implement the country Domain URL and verify with google webmaster tools to our new specific sitemaps we might see an increase of traffic and rankings per URL Domain.

There are still loads to do from an SEO point i am preety sure ...

And I am also preety sure most of us know that we can specify target country in Google webmaster Tools "Settings" when you submit a XML sitemap, up until now this has mainly been useful when we have a .ca but actually I want to highlight to Google that I am actually targeting CANADA rather than the WORLD in my Domain CA.

Frost do you think we can submit several sitemaps on the same domain for different countries?
Ok...I will go with GOOGLE SEO but i want to know how can i not change the URLs??I want the URLs to be the same but included in the SiteMap and other things
In recent reports to me the following error on email:

Quote:Type: 20
File: (Line no. 0)
SQL Error: 2006 - MySQL server has gone away
Query: SELECT url,id
FROM mybb_google_seo
WHERE active=1
AND idtype=4
AND id IN (468)

What causes this error?
unreliable mysql server, nothing I can do about it
frostschutz, can you install google seo for me please? i cant' do'it.