MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2009-05-12, 01:21 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, please try both, UseCanonicalName on and off. off may actually be better - as long as you trust the client anyway. Bad server name values is not an issue with Google SEO unless they are bad in the way that causes endless redirects because the correct value never comes...

(Although setting this doesn't even work for me, gives me a 500 internal server error... bah, I should go and catch some sleep - I'll see what I can do tomorrow)

Alright I tried On and Off...Both resulted in a clear "Internal ERROR 500"

My host is just so messed up...
@eXecute,
does Redirect in 1.1.2 still not work for you? I switched from SERVER_NAME to HTTP_HOST; this can contain wrong values too but this is more likely to be caused by a malicious client, than a server configuration setting.

@mtsandeep,
your rules mustn't collide with each other, also they must not match existing files. If you want http://forums.[mysite].com/{$url} for forums, you can't use the standard rewrite rule for it, because it would think that forums.mysite.com/admin was the forum called admin, and not your admin cp, and so on... you could make a separate rewrite rule for each forum, but then you'd have to update your .htaccess every time you change your forum structure...

@onel0ve,
I don't know how to answer you. Read the documentation that came with this plugin. If you have a problem somewhere, please describe it in more detail.
Thanks, that helped.
I changed the url structure to http://forums.[mysite].com/For-{$url} because i didn't like seeing two "forums" in a link.

I liked your plugin, Great work.
how to update the plugin Smile please help
deactivate (not uninstall), upload new files, activate
@frost I think it's working now, thank you so much for your hard work and efforts. I'll keep testing.
the plugin is great a error for me only the site index is opening.when i try to open the rest its creating an error Sad
this happened after i updated to 1.1.2
need help Sad
I'll speak on frost's behalf and say you'll probably need to explain what the error is a bit more....
It seems that your Rewrite rules are not working. Did you add the Google SEO Rewrite rules to your .htaccess? Does your host support mod_rewrite?
i think they do but i am not sure but it was working great before the upgrade and i did add the Google SEO Rewrite rules to your .htaccess

problem fixed my server generating a 0 bit .htaccess .that was creating a problem