MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
frostschutz,

Testing on my forum, when a user registers, the 404 widget interprets the registration successful message as an error. Is there any way to keep the 404 widget enabled but remove it from the registration successful message?
The problem here is that MyBB itself does not actually differentiate between error and success messages. The code in question in MyBB is:

$plugins->run_hooks("member_do_register_end");
error($lang->redirect_registered_activation);

$lang->redirect_registered_activation is "Thank you for registering on {1}, {2}.<p>To complete your registration, please check your email for account activation instructions. Until you activate your account you may not be able to post on these forums"

So that basically means the registration was successful, except you have to read your activation mail. However, the message is actually displayed by the error() function and that's what's being used for all other sorts of messages too, regardless of whether they are real errors or something else.

So there is not really a good solution. Sure, I could use all sorts of hooks to disable the widget on some occassions (member_do_register_end hook), but I'd probably never see the end of it, and not all messages can be identified this way. It's very well possible that the hook is run and an error still occurs (plugins use hooks too and plugins can cause errors too).

So I guess what I'll so is make the widget in three settings:
1) off
2) only on real 404 pages (as in only on ErrorPage 404 misc.php?action=google_seo_404)
3) on real 404 pages and for error messages (where the above is treated by all means and purposes as an error message)

On the up side, the widget does not really break anything - all it does is insert a search field and suggestions where to go from here. It shouldn't be obstrusive enough to make the user not notice the actual error message.
(2010-08-08, 10:14 PM)mrl586 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-08, 10:09 PM)~Prata Wrote: [ -> ]Yes i change the names, Thread to Tópico (Portuguese :/), etc.
I think that is problem. Change Tópico to Topico.

T&oacute;pico
Google Seo and is for 1.6?
see the first post
But what do I do? I take the function and change it for the ffunction, aa busy XD I can say with me, or change? xd
I can't help you if you don't speak English and don't explain your problem properly.

Read the documentation and find someone who can explain it to you in your native language.
Sorry ,i Speak Spanish xD
ERROR I have to enter my home page, I get the following error Nothing to look in here ...
Other than that everything went well: D Help T___T
I know there are some Spanish Google SEO users over at mybb-es.com maybe they can help you.
I have done, not many people are connected, who knows and who can help me xD I can help you with this error?
Solved, was the index.html xp, I realized xD