MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you are not using Apache, you are not using .htaccess, and therefore you can ignore any .htaccess related warning. However you'll have to find some other way to configure your webserver to do the same thing Apache would do with .htaccess. I can't help you with that because I don't know how this stuff works in IIS.

If everything works and you want to get rid of the Google SEO .htaccess message, do:

- delete .htaccess
- reload the plugin page
- select what Google SEO tells you to add to .htaccess
- copy & paste this into a new file
- upload this file as .htaccess
I did what you said and all is good and seams to still work
so now when i go to google webmaster tools the site map is sitemap.xml i looked for it in mybb main folder it is not there
Google SEO does not create any files. The sitemap is generated dynamically, with Rewrite it is called sitemap-index.xml, without Rewrite it's misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=index (remove the scheme from Sitemap settings to use the without Rewrite variant).
[attachment=13686]so when it asks for sitemap i put sitemap-index.xml or misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=index if i am not using rewritemod it is in my rewrite mod i can not atach a screen shot may i try an pm it to you
never mind it did post screen shot it just did not show in the prevu
if you want to use sitemap-index.xml, the rewrite has to work so that sitemap-whatever.xml actually calls misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=whatever

I can't tell from the screenshot what it does... if it were apache and .htaccess I could help but with IIS I have no clue, I'm sorry.
I will have to try i guess and see what happens this is just on localhost my test forum going to try it on the realy running one a soon as i up date 1.4.5
i am hoping that i will get som hits to my site only got 3 users on my forum and there friends and my site is listed page16 if you search for howmansforum

Thanks for your help i will let you know if i get it to work right with IIS 7
will the functions.php.1.4.5-googleseo file work with 1.4.6
(2009-05-04, 01:14 AM)Howman Wrote: [ -> ]will the functions.php.1.4.5-googleseo file work with 1.4.6
Yes, functions.php didn't change in 1.4.6.
1.4.6 didn't make any changes to inc/functions.php (yet) so yes, it will work.

I'll include a 1.4.6 functions.php in the next version anyway though.
mate the 1.4.6 the function file not changed so it a smooth install you only update 3 files, so you don't need to worry it worked fine for me Smile