MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2010-02-14, 09:28 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]And after fixing robots, renaming it to just map-index.xml, and waiting a day! it works! Thanks again for all of your help.

TheWiz
robots.txt changing it over to map-index.XML, is it recommended for Google?
google is not validating my sitemap
why?
do I leave it at robots.txt or do i change it to map-index.XML?

Google is also asking for a xml file so is this the reason why we have to change the robots name or not?
No, you misunderstood me. Leave your robots named robots.txt. For me, i believe my issue was webmaster tools cached a sitemap i tried to resubmit so many times that it just gave up. I rewrote my htaccess and settings in mybb to make the url for the sitemap map-index.xml rather than sitemap-index.xml
webmaster tools im gettign the same problem ... it says errors and cant connect for me to .. ?
so what do i do to fix this problem now?

It says meta tags have to placed or a html file to prove im the webmaster ... ?
ive originaly posted my problem here:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-64938.html

but it seems since this is the plugin thread it would be better to have that discussion here.

Can anyone help me out on solving this problem, its the only thing preventing me from using mybb

Thanks

heres a "snapshot" of the prroblem:

im test driving mybb before going live, ive installed it with the google seo plugin, everything went smoothly without errors but whenever i go to a forum page ou click a link thread from the index page i get a 404 page, that didnt happen before installing the google seo plugin

this is the test forum

http://www.ricardouk.com/mybb

this is the .htacess mybb is using:
Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

#

# If mod_security is enabled, attempt to disable it.

# - Note, this will work on the majority of hosts but on

#   MediaTemple, it is known to cause random Internal Server

#   errors. For MediaTemple, please remove the block below

#

<IfModule mod_security.c>

# Turn off mod_security filtering.

SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.

SecFilterScanPOST Off

</IfModule>

#

# MyBB "search engine friendly" URL rewrites

# - Note, for these to work with MyBB please make sure you have

#   the setting enabled in the Admin CP and you have this file

#   named .htaccess

#

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine on
    # Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://ricardouk.com/mybb/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap-([^./]+).xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+).html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+).html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+).html$ showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+).html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+).html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+).html$ showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+).html$ announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+).html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+).html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+).html$ calendar.php?action=yearview&calendar=$1&year=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+).html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+).html$ calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+).html$ calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+).html$ calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

<IfModule mod_env.c>

SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1

</IfModule>

</IfModule>

#

# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support

# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to

# the client faster.

#

<IfModule mod_deflate.c>

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript text/css text/html text/xml

</IfModule> 

frostschutz suggested adding RewriteBase /mybb after Rewriteengine on like this:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteBase /mybb
    # Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://ricardouk.com/mybb/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301] 

but individual forum/thread links go to 404 pages...

thanks for any help
Do the MyBB SEF URLs (thread-123.html style like here) work?

If not, then your problem is with getting mod_rewrite to work on your host, not with this plugin.
if by sef url you mean the original url structure, yes all the individual links were returning the right page, only after i activated the plugin it returned the 404 error page
my hosting provider supports mod rewrite as it is one of the requirements to use wordpress and change the url structure like im trying to do with mybb.

Should i post screenshots of the settings in the admin panel?
heres a screenshot of the settings:

[Image: boardsettingsgoogleseou.th.jpg]
(2010-02-16, 07:34 PM)ricardouk Wrote: [ -> ]if by sef url you mean the original url structure

I mean the structure that's used here (standard feature of MyBB).

thread-123.html instead of showthread.php?tid=123.

If those were working, then Google SEO URLs should work too, after you added the rules. Otherwise it's your mod_rewrite not working as it should.
i replaced the htaccess i edited following your install guide by the example htaccess you provided, just changed the forum directory name and its working now... i must have erased some line or something that caused the malfunction

Are you planning on maintaining this plugin?

Thanks a lot for your help.