MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Andreas,

I Hope you include a Forum ID exclude for the sitemap, this for the Hidden forums Smile

Thanks.
@Rafael,
I don't understand what you mean.

@superezra,
Yes, it could be the problem...

However you have something on your site that rewrites anything that does not exist back to your index, e.g. http://rnbstylez.com/thispagedoesnotexist goes back to index. It's most likely this what conflicts with the Google SEO rewrites, if you have them in your file. You should disable the rewrite rule or setting that causes this to happen.
(2009-08-16, 11:12 PM)Gat Dat Wrote: [ -> ]anything wrong with this ?
http://fuzzyshare.com/misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=index

Yes, if you want it like that, you should change the scheme setting under Sitemap settings so it actually produces the misc.php?google_seo_sitemap= URLs instead of the static ones (which expect rewrite rules).

So it's either sitemap-index.xml or misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=index.

Google SEO does not auto detect which one of these you want to be using unfortunately, so you have to configure it.
look i done everything --"
when i activate google links & redirect all it does is link everything to the main page --"

do all plugins have to work together?
Is there any way to take out the word thread?

I want it to look like this:

question-on-spyware

instead of:

thread-question-on-spyware.
Short answer:
It will cause problems but you can set the scheme to {$url} for one item and then put that rewrite rule as last rule in your file.

Long answer:
Yes, but without something in the URL that marks the URL as being a thread, you will have collision issues. For example, if any subject can be an URL, a subject like "Forum Foobar", would result in an URL called forum-foobar, which could not be distinguished from an actual forum URL which is also forum-foobar.

Whatever rule in the .htaccess comes first, will match first, so if you put a rule that matches everything before the forum, announcements, etc. rules, the forum, announcement, etc. links will not work anymore. If you put the thread rule last, forum, announcement, etc. will work, but a thread called "forum something" or "announcement something" etc. will not work. Also all other URLs that have a name without extension etc. will be treated as being a thread URL, so you may see "invalid thread" messages instead of 404 errors etc.

I do not recommend doing this. You should use something in the URL scheme that makes URLs of a type unique. The default Setting is Thread-{$url}, you can change that in whatever way you want (except directory / which is not supported atm), so for example instead of Thread- Forum- Announcement- etc., you could use t- f- a-, or instead of putting the markers at the beginning you could put them at the end etc.

@superezra:
redirecting back to index (when what actually should be happening is you seeing a 404 page) is not something a plugin can do by itself, it has to be configured so in the webserver or .htaccess using rewrite rules. So there will be an issue in your configuration / .htaccess.
this is the best new feature plugin to mybb 1.4x

thanks frostschutz
Thanks to owner,this plugin really useful for me!!
my sitemap is not being created/cannot found
where is it/hwo can i make it?