MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well my hosting is a very cheap one, so maybe that's the problem. Big Grin
But now with 110 online users, the server load is 3.5. That's normal.
And the urls works too.

So, problem solved.

btw, thx for the fast reply.
frostschutz Remember I was having trouble with the redriect part of your plugin now I was messing around again And found out that.
From this post
http://community.mybb.com/thread-46423-page-136.html post 1353

A thread like this "COVER: Oz Loves Bianca’s Pictures" would cause problems cause of the '

I remember saying that any thread with Punctuation characters would not work unless the redirect debug was on.

Now with the debug on I go to the thread and When it says "(click and hold to edit)" I re put in ' then go and turn the debug off and the thread works with the debug off where it would not before.

Now I am thing that maybe this has something to do with rss to post plugin cause the post was made with it.
So I made a post with out the rss to post and it worked

frostschutz if these is the case rss to post is doing this then I should ask DennisTT the creator of rss to post. frostschutz can you confirm this so i can ask DennisTT how i can fix this.
No, I'm afraid it's just you(r setup) really. Also: ’ and ' are not the same character. Add it to the punctuation setting.
Thank You "Also: ’ and ' are not the same character" that fixed my rederct problem just coped ’ to the Punctuation characters

frostschutz In Google webmaster tools I have
sitemap-index.xml your Dynaimc sitemap
sitemap.xml
Is it ok to have both

Now when you said "I'm afraid it's just you(r setup)" is this Mybb setup or IIS 7.5 IIS rewrite mod converts the .htaccess to web.config is this this where problem is.

Thank you for your time frostschutz
I know you do not work with IIS just hoping for a point in right direction
frost, what about lang strings on sitemap settings - "Yes, including thread pages"? Are they hardcoded?
If it's hard coded, then only because it's a limitation of MyBB, since I make settings the same way MyBB itself does.

DamYan, if you also translate stock MyBB, can you check if you have any of these translated?

Log Posting IP Addresses, "Do not log IP", "Show to Admins & Mods", "Show to all Users"
Reported Posts Medium, "Stored in the Database", "Sent as Private Messages", "Sent via Email"
Show Attached Thumbnails in Posts, "Thumbnail", "Full Size Image", "As Download Link"

If you can translate these you can also translate the Google SEO ones as they are made in exactly the same way (let me know the lang vars for the stock ones). If you can't translate them, well, I guess they're hardcoded, I've looked at the code and can find only title and description, but not options translatable. I could be wrong though, the code is not easy to read in that regard.
@frostschutz: The Google SEO META only seem to generate the META Descriptions from a thread. It doesn't generate META tags, or is there something I did wrong? Otherwise can you include it in the next version so that it'd add META tags automatically or we can add it ourselves in the tags field when creating a thread. Smile
Um, I don't really get your question. meta description is a meta tag. So when you say it generates meta description but not meta tags, what do you actually mean? If it's meta keywords you're looking for, Google SEO does not do those on purpose, see also:

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.c...a-tag.html

Quote:Q: Does Google ever use the "keywords" meta tag in its web search ranking?
A: In a word, no. [...] Our web search [...] disregards keyword metatags completely. They simply don't have any effect in our search ranking at present.

Same goes for all the other "major" players... meta keywords tag gets spammed a lot and nowadays search engines do full page indexing anyhow so that there's no point in keywords any more...
(2010-05-30, 11:39 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Um, I don't really get your question. meta description is a meta tag. So when you say it generates meta description but not meta tags, what do you actually mean? If it's meta keywords you're looking for, Google SEO does not do those on purpose, see also:

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.c...a-tag.html

Quote:Q: Does Google ever use the "keywords" meta tag in its web search ranking?
A: In a word, no. [...] Our web search [...] disregards keyword metatags completely. They simply don't have any effect in our search ranking at present.

Same goes for all the other "major" players... meta keywords tag gets spammed a lot and nowadays search engines do full page indexing anyhow so that there's no point in keywords any more...

Oh okay, that've pretty much cleared my question. But how much meta description characters do you recommend using for best performance? Smile
The default setting is 200; Google cuts off after about 150 +- (depends on word boundaries in the description probably). Making the description longer is pointless...