MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

One simple question I want to know:

May I disable "post editing" to users keep the thread titles and sitemap.xml been better used by google or the "TID" will be recognized anyway? Each thread editing will create a new sitemap version?

Thanks man Smile
When you rename an item, Google SEO will create a new URL for it (that resembles the new name). The old URL will continue to work however - with redirect enabled, the old url redirects to the new url with HTTP 301 perm moved code, which is understood by browsers and Google (although someone reported a bug that this currently doesn't work so well with Safari Beta browser - I'm looking into the problem).

Information about the old URL is lost when another item is renamed to the old name of your item (uniquifier is only used on real collisions, if an item was renamed / deleted other items are allowed to take over the URL) or when you uninstall Google SEO (this kills the mybb_google_seo table where google seo stores its url data).

There is no sitemap version though, the sitemap is created dynamically so it is always up to date. The items in the sitemap are sorted by modification date, so the lower page numbers usually do not see changes often, whereas the new items are always on the last page. In the main index Google should see that it's only the last page of the sitemap that changed and only download this one.

(2009-03-10, 01:18 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]I'd try it, but I don't feel like reinstalling MyBB atm.

Why do you have to reinstall MyBB for this?
I did all modifications but I gives me an error, how you can see here: http://www.mybbitalia.com/Forum-annunci-e-comunicazioni he tells: "404 Not Found"Angry
(2009-03-10, 09:42 AM)Giangy94 Wrote: [ -> ]I did all modifications but I gives me an error, how you can see here: http://www.mybbitalia.com/Forum-annunci-e-comunicazioni he tells: "404 Not Found"Angry

did you modified your .htaccess file from your forum dir ?

@ frostschutz,

i found something Toungue did you change {$google_seo_meta} to {$foobar} couse readme file says like that but google seo meta settings still says {$google_seo_meta} and {$foobar} still not works but {$google_seo_meta} works fine

lol
Yes, see my .htaccess:
Quote:Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

#
# If mod_security is enabled, attempt to disable it.
# - Note, this will work on the majority of hosts but on
# MediaTemple, it is known to cause random Internal Server
# errors. For MediaTemple, please remove the block below
#
<IfModule mod_security.c>
# Turn off mod_security filtering.
SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

#
# MyBB "search engine friendly" URL rewrites
# - Note, for these to work with MyBB please make sure you have
# the setting enabled in the Admin CP and you have this file
# named .htaccess
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on

# As first rewrite rule, Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://www.mybbitalia.com/$1?$2 [R=301,QSA]

RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+).html forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+).html forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+).html showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+).html showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost.html showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest.html showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest.html showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost.html showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+).html showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+).html showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+).html announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+).html member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+).html calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+).html calendar.php?action=yearview&calendar=$1&year=$2 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+).html calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+).html calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+).html calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+).html calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

# Google SEO URL:
RewriteRule ^Forum-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
RewriteRule ^Thread-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
RewriteRule ^Announcement-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
RewriteRule ^User-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
RewriteRule ^Calendar-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
RewriteRule ^Event-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

<IfModule mod_env.c>
SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1
</IfModule>
</IfModule>

#
# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support
# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to
# the client faster.
#
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript text/css text/html text/xml
</IfModule>

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404
(2009-03-10, 09:55 AM)dared Wrote: [ -> ]i found something Toungue did you change {$google_seo_meta} to {$foobar} couse readme file says like that but google seo meta settings still says {$google_seo_meta} and {$foobar} still not works but {$google_seo_meta} works fine

I have this in my readme:

Quote: - Google SEO Meta:

Go to Admin CP, Templates & Style, and add the following line
to your headerinclude template:

{$google_seo_meta}

Maybe you're refering to this last comment under advanced usage (this section should probably be renamed to 'additional recommendations' really), where it recommends to put the page name last in page titles? foobar there is just an example, it depends on the template what will actually be in there.

Quote: Title tags:

Make sure that your template gives a unique title to each page.

Search for '<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} -' in your templates.

In all occurences, put the bbname last, for example:

<title>{$foobar} - {$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>

@Giangy,

on the plugins status page, does the status for Google SEO display all green and no warnings? Then it should work, provided that your host does actually support mod_rewrite. Undecided

I could add a warning if the SEO_SUPPORT env variable is not set, but this warning could be wrong, as it would only work if you use the original MyBB .htaccess and then only if your host supports BOTH mod_rewrite and mod_env, where mod_env really isn't required, not by MyBB and not by Google SEO, MyBB only uses it for the friendly URL autodetect feature.
thanks for the quick info, frostschutz Smile

I´m trying it right now
Quote:your host does actually support mod_rewrite

I'm starting to think thatAngry
my host is : TopHost

In their FAQ they wrote:
Quote:The topweb hosting plan comes with the mod_rewrite enabled. To use it simply create a file. Htaccess with the appropriate directives. Always remember to insert the RewriteBase Directive

I don't know what i doHuhHuhHuh
If you disable Google SEO URL, use the default MyBB .htaccess and set 'search engine friendly URLs' to 'Yes' in 'Configuration -> Server and Optimization Options (i.e. the thread-1234.html style URLs), do those work for you?

If they work then Google SEO URLs should work too Huh

If they don't work it's a problem with your host, see if they have a manual or FAQ that shows how to use mod rewrite on their site, they may be doing something special? Huh

Your quote mentions a RewriteBase directive. Usually that is only used if you rewrite to a directory different from the current one, i.e. you shouldn't need it in the MyBB/.htaccess because it rewrites to its own directory. But it may be different on your host? Huh
Quote:If you disable Google SEO URL, use the default MyBB .htaccess and set 'search engine friendly URLs' to 'Yes' in 'Configuration -> Server and Optimization Options (i.e. the thread-1234.html style URLs), do those work for you?

If they work then Google SEO URLs should work too

Indeed it doesn't workBig Grin

However I solved, i put this .htaccess:
Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes
<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
</IfModule>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /
# As first rewrite rule, Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://www.mybbitalia.com/$1?$2 [R=301,QSA]
RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+).html forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+).html forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+).html showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+).html showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost.html showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest.html showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest.html showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost.html showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+).html showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+).html showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+).html announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+).html member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+).html calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+).html calendar.php?action=yearview&calendar=$1&year=$2 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+).html calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+).html calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+).html calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+).html calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]
# Google SEO URL:
RewriteRule ^Forum-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
RewriteRule ^Thread-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
RewriteRule ^Announcement-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
RewriteRule ^User-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
RewriteRule ^Calendar-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
RewriteRule ^Event-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
<IfModule mod_env.c>
SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1
</IfModule>
#
# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support
# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to
# the client faster.
#
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript text/css text/html text/xml
</IfModule>
# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404
and now it worksToungue

But has it not extension at the end of URL?Undecided