MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You can change the URL scheme in the Google SEO URL settings...

The rewrite rules just rewrite, they do not change what's actually being linked to.
(2010-10-10, 08:17 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]You can change the URL scheme in the Google SEO URL settings...

The rewrite rules just rewrite, they do not change what's actually being linked to.

Appreciate the help. For some reason I'd just assumed the lowercase setting was all I needed.

Awesome plugin by the way, thanks! Smile
well, i gave this another attempt when i had more time do closely follow the instructions.

all seems to be working well, however, i have two questions about the included .htaccess file example...

does it:

1. redirect .domain to www . domain ?
2. redirect /index.php? to / ?

if not, what would i need to add and where in the .htaccess file?

thanks for any assistance. great plugin btw. Smile

UPDATE:

i did some research and i added the following code directly below rewrite engine on:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^example.com
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.example.com/$1 [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /index\.php\ HTTP/
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ http://www.example.com/ [R=301,L]

it seems to be working, i just wonder if this will interfere with this plugin in any way.
(2010-10-11, 01:52 AM)thelonelylife Wrote: [ -> ]1. redirect .domain to www . domain ?
2. redirect /index.php? to / ?

It redirects threads and the like, but it's better to do both of these in .htaccess so it works on all pages...

I'm using MyBB 1.6 and I just downloaded the functions.1.6-googleseo But I got the error message below when I uploaded the file to my plugin folder and went into ACP--->Configurations--->Plugins

Quote:Fatal error: Cannot redeclare output_page() (previously declared in /home/username/public_html/mysite.com/inc/functions.php:17) in /home/username/public_html/mysite.com/inc/plugins/functions.1.6-googleseo.php on line 101

What did I miss or doing wrong here?
It doesn't go into inc/plugins, but replaces inc/functions.php
Alright, I've replaced the old functions.php with the new one. Is there a place in the ACP where I can go to add keywords, etc?
Thanks you for this.
just wanted to know what is the function and difference between:

functions.php.1.4.13-googleseo
and
functions.php.patch-googleseo file ??

do i have to upload both files or rename it or upload a single file only
also one more doubt, what this will do, is it neccessary, what will be the difference in urls:

Title tags:

Make sure that your template gives a unique title to each page.

Search for '<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} -' in your templates.

In all occurences, put the bbname last.

Example:

<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$foruminfo['name']} </title>

Should be:

<title>{$foruminfo['name']} - {$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>

also should i disable MyBB default friendly urls to use this??
drankur: All I can really answer in this is the secondary question. Doing that will add the name of your forum to the end of the title. For example, in the example in the post. Currently, it'll show "MyBB Community Forums - Releases"; changing it to this will show "Releases - MyBB Community Forums". See how easier it is?

I'd also advise doing this to showthread template, as well. For this, put "- {$mybb->settings['bburl]}" after {$threadinfo['name']} (if I have it right).