MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you. (Also holy crap 56 pages...)
(2010-01-04, 08:27 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. (Also holy crap 56 pages...)

me 96 pages :LOL: Wink
Well, I will update this weekend and test the load performance
(2010-01-04, 10:11 AM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-04, 08:27 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. (Also holy crap 56 pages...)

me 96 pages :LOL: Wink
Well, I will update this weekend and test the load performance
I have 96 pages too. Mark probably set more posts per page in the User CP. Almost 100 pages, and the next release is 1.1.11 hahah. Thank you frostschutz and bryn for the update.
I'm just wondering about something. I've noticed that if I use the comma in the title of a thread created like this below.

Quote:There's a red ribbon

Instead of this mod stripping the (') from the title, it's adding a minus sign (-) instead so it looks like this below.

Quote:There-s-a-red-ribbon

When I would have thought it should have stipped it so the title looks like this.

Quote:Theres-a-red-ribbon

Can the author just give some clarification on this?
Google SEO does not strip characters, it takes any consecutive punctuation and replaces it with a single -. That's just how it works at the moment.

However you can use character translation to achieve what you want. Have a look at the example translate.php files in the Google SEO package, then make your own. If you just want to strip the ' in the 's case, you could add a translation for
"'s" => "s",
(replace 's with s), if you want to strip ' in general (even when it's not used for 's, but for 'quote' or would've or ...) use
"'" => "",
(replace ' with nothing, i.e. strip ').

Upload the translate.php to your inc/plugins/google_seo/ folder and enable the character translation option in the Google SEO URL settings.
No, I'll leave it as it is if that's how it should be. I was just wondering if it might have been a bug overlooked.
(2009-12-29, 09:51 PM)vamp6x6x6x Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-29, 09:41 PM)Monaco Wrote: [ -> ]I tried editing my finctions.php (version 1.4.11) file manually but somehow messed it up. Then I tried the included version 1.4.10 file into the directory and it worked... any reason to believe that this will mess up my 1.4.11 installation? Does anyone have a 1.4.11 functions file that works?

thanks! Shy

As far as I know my google seo is working fine even after I upgraded to mybb 1.4.11. The functions file that came with it should work just fine , mainly upgrade to 11 was just a security update

Thanks, I appreciate the response Smile
Thanks for the update, frostschutz Smile
I have some Questions?
I checked my Google webmaster tools i use to have 500 + links indexed now i got 67 and a lot of redirect errors. you turn on Debug Redirect and links work again but indexed links did not incress. I have tryed actavting and deactiating with no change. So I uninstalled and reinstalled and now the Debug Redirect does not have to be on for the redirect errror links to work but still no incress in indexed links. I even removed the sitemap-index.xml well i tryed but webmaster tools would not let me remove it so i hit up date and it says total urls 5,544 this was over 1400

have you .htaccess changed cause i use IIS rewrite mod and it converts the .htaccess and i never changed that. but some how i do not think that my problam
Debug Redirect does not fix any redirection errors, it only displays debug information to you if you're browsing the forum as admin. What kind of redirect errors are you getting?

There have been some minor changes to .htaccess over time, not sure when you imported yours. As long as the URLs work it should be fine though.

For my largest forum, Google Webmaster Tools says it indexed >10'000 URLs from the Sitemap. For my smallest forum, which isn't linked anywhere, it indexed 30 of 40 pages that are listed in the Sitemap. I'm happy with that.

Of course I regularly check the Webmaster Tools and if there are errors, I fix them right away. Sometimes these errors have to do with MyBB or plugins, sometimes it's botched template edits, or bad entries in robots.txt. There are many possibilities. Recently Google added a ignore parameter feature so you can make it ignore parameters like pid= right from the Webmaster Tools. However if you play around with that and forget about it, it can have disastrous results too.