MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Frost can you let me know what you think of "Post: #1029" ? Thanks!
I think nothing of it. Each instance of Google SEO handles a single forum which resides in a single folder on a single domain. This won't change. I don't get what you're trying to do with multiple domains / subfolders here, if it's one and the same forum Google SEO won't help you handle that, if it's separate forums you already have what you want, right?

Of course you can always create, and submit, additional sitemaps that are unrelated to Google SEO or your forum, if you so desire.
(2010-02-08, 05:47 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]Today I thought Frost maybe in your next release you can create a few extra separate XML sitemaps ( can be subfolders ) and lines into this SEO Plug-in of yours for different Multiple URL'S on the same domain.

One for Domain.com/International,
One for Domain.ca/CANADA

domain.com and domain.ca are NOT the same domain even if they are provide the same content!

In a sitemap you can not cross link to other domains than the domain where sitemap itself is located.
ok thanks, i thought i could but as mentioned above, it ONLY works for 1 domain ( which of course makes total sence) Wink
I'm in the process of migrating all my Open Source projects to a proper version controlled environment, using git. Consequently, Google SEO is now available on GitHub (http://github.com/frostschutz/Google-SEO), along with the code repository, bug tracker, wiki, donate button Wink, ... It's where all future development of Google SEO will take place. Naturally, releases will still be announced here and on the mods site, same procedure as last year.
When I check where my guests are viewing I am getting "Error Page" a lot, they are viewing the page:

http://www.domain.com/misc.php?google_seo_error=404

I was wondering what this is? It seems to be something to do with the SEO plugin.
It means your site is broken. Bad links, missing images / styles / javascript, etc. Every single one of these causes a 404 error when the browser tries to follow them. And that's what's showing up in the online list then. So go fix your site.

Alternatively, disable the setting "Show 404 errors in Who's Online" in the "Google SEO 404" group. Enabling that setting isn't recommended anyway. However while disabling it will make the issue on the online page go away, it doesn't change the fact that you have users getting 404 errors from your site. Which is something you should investigate and fix.
@BlueEew:

This is the link that causes the 404 error: http://www.pokemon-forum.com/tag/%5C/%5C...ori020.png
I can see why. It's a weird-looking link. o.o
(2010-02-11, 08:23 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]It means your site is broken. Bad links, missing images / styles / javascript, etc. Every single one of these causes a 404 error when the browser tries to follow them. And that's what's showing up in the online list then. So go fix your site.

Alternatively, disable the setting "Show 404 errors in Who's Online" in the "Google SEO 404" group. Enabling that setting isn't recommended anyway. However while disabling it will make the issue on the online page go away, it doesn't change the fact that you have users getting 404 errors from your site. Which is something you should investigate and fix.

I have disabled the setting now.

Also when it says "Location" on "Who's Online" it also says "Unknown Location" a lot however it links to different pages.

I cannot see anything not working on my forum, everything seems to be working. Every error page I have seen in Who's Online seems to do with misc.php however I don't have a clue what it's about.