MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where do you need language files?

Translating the configuration options and documentation is a lot of work (translations have to be maintained by someone with every update of Google SEO) and it's hardly worth the effort because the only ones who see this are board admins. And I expect board admins to be able to understand simple English. Even though my board is not an English board, the Admin CP is left completely in English because this way it's much easier to find things and follow tutorials posted here.
my links in IE7 looks ugly
http://mysite/mybb/Forum-Informa%C3%A7%C3%B5es-de-times

in Firefox is normal:
http://mysite/mybb/Forum-Informações-de-times

I´ve tried language.php function to replace "ç" and other special chars but didn´t work

here is my language.php file (UTF-8 without bom, located in \inc\plugins\ ):

<?php

á => a
â => a
ã => a
é => e
ê => e
í => i
õ => o
ô => o
ú => u
ç => c
ñ => n
ü => u
º => o
?>

any tip to fix this?? thanks
I have subscribed to this thread as well.
Great release, good luck with it.
Quote:Where do you need language files?

I noticed italian mybb forum are starting to use your plugin, in my italian support forum i have 2 threads with questions about your pluginToungue and I think some people can't know english well and a translation can help themWink
(2009-03-21, 04:33 PM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]my links in IE7 looks ugly
http://mysite/mybb/Forum-Informa%C3%A7%C3%B5es-de-times

IE has the same issue with Wikipedia and other pages that use special characters in URLs. There's nothing I can do about it. I'm hoping that IE8 displays the URL with UTF-8 characters like all other browsers do. I haven't tested IE8 yet though.

However even so it's only an optical issue; IE7 displays the URL encoded characters, other browsers hide the encoded sequences from you and display the actual characters instead. The URLs still work either way.

Quote:I´ve tried language.php function to replace "ç" and other special chars but didn´t work

There is no language.php. Maybe you mean inc/plugins/google_seo/translate.php

Quote:I noticed italian mybb forum are starting to use your plugin, in my italian support forum i have 2 threads with questions about your pluginToungue and I think some people can't know english well and a translation can helm themWink

Hmkay, I'll look into supporting language files in a future version of Google SEO. But I won't be doing any translation work (not even into my native language). I just don't have the time necessary to maintain translations, so they will have to be contributed and maintained by volunteers.
Ok, thanks
sorry frostschutz for the mess - I found that file, thanks
maybe is too much cofee Toungue

working perfect now, even to IE7...

if someone from Portugal/Spain/Brazil need some replacements to fix IE7 ugly urls, use this array values in your translate.php file:

á => a,
â => a,
ã => a,
é => e,
ê => e,
í => i,
õ => o,
ô => o,
ú => u,
ç => c,
ñ => n,
ü => u,
º => o
Sad to tell you, frostschutz, but IE8 has the same problem showing UTF-8 chars as previous (I've been using version 8 since it's release to partner - about one(1) day ahead of the public announcement).
My address should look like: " http://www.***/forum/Forum-מידע_והודעות_מצוות_הפורום "
In IE7/8 it looks like: " http://www.***/forum/Forum-%D7%9E%D7%99%D7%93%D7%A2_%D7%95%D7%94%D7%95%D7%93%D7%A2%D7%95%D7%AA_%D7%9E%D7%A6%D7%95%D7%95%D7%AA_%D7%94%D7%A4%D7%95%D7%A8%D7%95%D7%9D "
There are options in IE8 (one of them was in IE7), but i don't see any change. One change I can see in IE8 is that you can click on addresses like the first one (the one that shows the correct UTF-8 way) and it will go to the correct address - the "old" IE7 had some problem with this.

Ori...
@aglio, it'd be shorter if you only posted the $google_seo_translate = array( instead of the whole file. Toungue And those characters should be quoted, i.e. "a" => "b" not a => b. Without quotes it may cause problems depending on the character.

And it doesn't really fix ugly URLs at all, it just removes some characters. If someone uses strange characters in your forum they will end up in the URL - it's supposed to be this way, it's not a problem from a technical point of view.

I'm thinking of renaming translate.php to translate.php.german (the german umlaut example) and take contributions for other languages character translation sets. I don't use character translation myself but if Google SEO doesn't come with a translation.php there is less chance that updating Google SEO will overwrite your custom file - and for those who only want a simple set specific to a language they can take one of the example files that ship with Google SEO.

@okitai

So I take it that IE8 also still has the same issue with international Wikipedia sites? Then IE just sucks as always, I'm really sorry to hear that. Still, it's no real issue, it's just something that IE users have to live with everywhere...
I changed and edited my post - read it now. And yes, sadly there is no change in international address sites.