MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2009-10-20, 10:09 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]http://sessionkeeper.cphoster.com/mybb/s...-index.xml seems to be working fine

That's not a sitemap though...
Or it is?
Shouldn't i find a complete sitemap in the forum folder?
Shouldn't i then write a robot file to' make Google point at it?

Tbc
(2009-10-20, 11:39 PM)lyllo Wrote: [ -> ]That's not a sitemap though...
Or it is?

It is a XML Sitemap for search engines like Google etc. It is not a sitemap for users to navigate.

sitemap-index.xml is a sitemap index (see sitemaps.org for the specification) which contains links to other sitemaps like sitemap-threads.xml?page=1 which is a sitemap that contains the actual links to pages. It's split this way to keep the generation cost low (page by page is cheaper than one huge lump o links at once), also a sitemap must not contain more than 50000 links so in big forums it'd have to be split anyway.

lyllo Wrote:Shouldn't i find a complete sitemap in the forum folder?

It is complete as in it contains all (accessible) forums, threads, announcements, events, etc - unless you disabled those features.
Ok, thank you: i cannot see any specific sitemap in my webspace though Sad
i have activated the plugin and everything is ok nor errors found..
But no sitemaps seem to' be' created Sad

by the way, is that enough the robots.txt file i added to the root fldr?

Thank you.
oh, ok thanks.
so it seems now i am ok to be found by google?
I am using 1.1.5 and would realy realy like to know how i can set it in my .htaccess to send anyone visiting www.mysite.co.uk to www.mysite.co.uk/portal.php.

At percent i am using a plug-in to achieve this but it is not great.

Any advice on how to achieve this would be great.
DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html
and then probably redirect portal.php to /
RewriteRule ^portal\.php$ http://yoursite/ [L,QSA,R=301]
Hiya rigth i am still on vertion (1.1.2) how would i go around upgrading up to the newest sorry i got behind on upgrading up to them.
Upload the new files, deactivate and activate the plugin once. Go over the settings to check that everything is alright.
Just passing by to say ver 1.1.6 was successfully updated. Merge system works like a charm.

Thank Frost.