MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm wondering why is it my submitted url to web index in google is decreasing this past few days?

it should be increase coz the thread counts also increase. why is it happening?

i am always monitoring my dashboard of google sitemap. that's why i am really frustrated when i found out that instead of increasing the web url in google is decreasing.

what should i do?
access.log of your webserver might be a start, it should list 404 errors
while i open myfourm.com/sitemap-index.xml it take too time (same time server cpu usage going very high )
am using Google SEO (1.1.13)
enabled following settings
XML Sitemap Threads =Yes, including thread pages
XML Sitemap Forums=Yes, including forum pages

does this plugin is not sql optimized ?
(2011-05-02, 12:46 PM)remshad Wrote: [ -> ]does this plugin is not sql optimized ?

It is. The main reason why the sitemap is split into several files, apart from size limitations, is to keep the load low. You're the first to complain about sitemap performance. It's also very fast for me on a shared host with >16000 links in the sitemap.

How many threads do you have, and what is the sitemap pagination set to (default 1000)?
i have almost 1.75 lack > users
45k>posts
yes XML Sitemap pagination=1000
i have own 8 cpu dedicated server (still sitemap opening is very slow and cpu intensive)
If it's the site in your signature, it seems you have tons of fake users (thousands registered within a day and none of them have posts). Since every user has a profile link showing up in the sitemap, that's a lot of extra work for the sitemap and a lot of useless links for Google.

Several things to make the sitemap faster:

a) disable user profiles in the sitemap

b) increase pagination value, e.g. 5000 or 10'000. Note that a sitemap is not allowed to have more than 50'000 pages, so depending on the average length of your threads, you might have to disable thread pages

c) in inc/plugins/google_seo/sitemap.php remove this code (line 335 - line 348)

// find the last (newest) of the oldest posts
            $query = $db->query("SELECT $datename FROM
                                   (SELECT $datename FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."$table
                                    $condition
                                    ORDER BY $datename ASC
                                    LIMIT $offset, $pagination) AS foobar
                                 ORDER BY $datename DESC LIMIT 1");

$lastmod = $db->fetch_field($query, $datename);

if($lastmod)
            {
                $item["lastmod"] = $lastmod;
            }

This will save some queries that determine the optional lastmod entry. It will change Google's behaviour in browsing the sitemap (can't tell where there is new stuff so it has to load them all to check) but it will still work in general.

Also, if this is your own server, optimize your database settings. If you have performance problems on such a machine, most likely your MySQL is not configured to utilize the hardware properly.
(2011-05-02, 09:17 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]access.log of your webserver might be a start, it should list 404 errors

so what am i supposed to do?? Sad now it almost empty. It keeps on decreasing, please help me in detailed, im totally noob. Sad

how to change priority in sitemap? i would like to change to 0.8 the thread urls.

how to add "dot dot dot" in the end of meta description? So that if already 200 character then it will end to like this...

because when i post my forum link to facebook, it is untidy.

is it okey to increase to 500 characters the meta description?

Thanks in advance!
Thanks ...now ..its Ok

let me observe some days ....
1) that was the reply for the guy before you Toungue

2) support for priority isn't a priority right now - that is to say, it's just not there. You'd have to change code for this

3) Ah well Sad for Google you don't have to do that, they trim the desription and add the ... themselves. You'd have to change code here too if others need the description to be cut at a word boundary followed by ... It's a simple change as long as you don't care about the word boundary part, just find the meta tag string in google_seo/meta.php

4) You can do that but Google will still cut you off somewhere after 150+ chars. If you make it too long, Google will start complaining about it in the Webmaster tools.
hey frostschutz,

i've been watching my google search results very closely since implementing google seo, and it's been all positive.

one thing i noticed this morning (as i only have about thirty search results) is that the same thread appeared twice:

1. thread-title

2. thread-title?action=lastpost

seems like this might be duplicate content,

since we blocked next newest and next oldest threads,

would it be a good idea to block "last post"

like this:

Disallow: /*action=lastpost*