MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did you use notepad when you edited functions.php?? Reupload a new copy of it and use wordpad instead. What do you mean by 'there are no options', no options where??
(2010-03-06, 11:33 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Did you use notepad when you edited functions.php?? Reupload a new copy of it and use wordpad instead. What do you mean by 'there are no options', no options where??

You said 'Are there any options under the Google SEO row of the plugins page, where you activate/deactivate it??' - to which I replied there are no options. Undecided

I used notepad, I do not have a copy of functions.php, the instruction file never said to download one.
Options was the wrong word to use then, there's just a list of things under the name Google SEO on the plugins page, what do they say??

You do have a functions.php, it's in the inc folder, you've modified it to add in some code but it's created an error, so get a new copy from a fresh MyBB download and make the edit again in wordpad.
Windows notepad breaks (not only) PHP files, don't use it. Try Notepad++, it's a good free alternative. As for the 404 errors, it means your rewrite rules don't work. I see you're not using Apache. Does your host support rewriting URLs at all?
(2010-03-06, 11:52 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Options was the wrong word to use then, there's just a list of things under the name Google SEO on the plugins page, what do they say??

You do have a functions.php, it's in the inc folder, you've modified it to add in some code but it's created an error, so get a new copy from a fresh MyBB download and make the edit again in wordpad.

Will do.

(2010-03-07, 12:04 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Windows notepad breaks (not only) PHP files, don't use it. Try Notepad++, it's a good free alternative. As for the 404 errors, it means your rewrite rules don't work. I see you're not using Apache. Does your host support rewriting URLs at all?

I will ask tomorrow, I am tired now. Sleepy

I will update you shortly, thanks. Smile
I have a problem because I did everything I had to do, but I do not work or an option on google seo ...
in the plugins page I get this:
 ocumentation for details.

* Modifications to inc / functions.php URL are required for support. Please see the documentation for details.
    * Add to. Htaccess:

RewriteEngine on

# Workaround for Google SEO search.php highlights:
      # Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your. Htaccess!
      RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://www.emulegend.es/foros/ $ 1: $ 2 [L, QSA, R = 301]

# Google SEO Sitemap:
      RewriteRule ^ sitemap-([^./]) \. Xml $ misc.php? Google_seo_sitemap = $ 1 [L, QSA, NC]

# Google SEO Forums URL:
      RewriteRule ^ Forum-([^./]) $ forumdisplay.php? Google_seo_forum = $ 1 [L, QSA, NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
      RewriteRule ^ thread-([^./]) $ showthread.php? Google_seo_thread = $ 1 [L, QSA, NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
      RewriteRule ^ Announcement-([^./]) $ announcements.php? Google_seo_announcement = $ 1 [L, QSA, NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
      RewriteRule ^ User-([^./]) $ member.php? Action = profile & google_seo_user = $ 1 [L, QSA, NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
      Calendar-([^./] RewriteRule ^) $ calendar.php? Google_seo_calendar = $ 1 [L, QSA, NC]

# Events Google SEO URL:
      RewriteRule ^ Event-([^./]) $ calendar.php? Action = event & google_seo_event = $ 1 [L, QSA, NC]

Created by Andreas Klauer 

and as I did, but I do not work, plus I tell you that I use. _.htacces htaccess as well as the use on the host that I am, has to do with anything?
I want to Thread-{$url} to {$url} and remove Thread before url.

I have edited the settings in Google SEO URL.

But didnt what I have to edit in .htaccess.

Any help
(2010-03-15, 06:29 AM)arsalan660 Wrote: [ -> ]I want to Thread-{$url} to {$url} and remove Thread before url.

I have edited the settings in Google SEO URL.

But didnt what I have to edit in .htaccess.

Any help

Hi,
this is not recommended because it will cause many problems. Read this thread. A lot of other people asked this before.

@frostschutz: You should write a FAQ... Rolleyes
Is it safe if I replace Forum-{$url} instead od Thread.

Or it is also risky
No, there must be an unique phrase in every SEO URL if you dont want to run in trouble. Of course it can be a single character.