MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this line is not available in funcations.php

function multipage($count, $perpage, $page, $url)
{
(2011-08-02, 04:56 AM)kokoko Wrote: [ -> ]this line is not available in funcations.php

function multipage($count, $perpage, $page, $url)
{

I never found that line as well, but it still works just fine.
so what did you, you didn't edit this line
(2011-08-02, 06:13 AM)kokoko Wrote: [ -> ]so what did you, you didn't edit this line

I just ignored that line.
If you don't edit multipage(), the pagination links won't be SEO, but of course if you also enabled Redirect it will take care of those links.

In MyBB 1.6 the multipage function is still there of course, with an optional parameter added:

function multipage($count, $perpage, $page, $url, $breadcrumb=false)
{

You leave the function declaration as is, and just add the Google SEO code underneath.
Hi,

I dont know much about .htaccess rewrite modes:

I Installed google SEO in my mybb

When I am opening the tread link it is showing like that:

/jobs/Thread-Marketing-Executive-Posted-August-1-2011

I dont want to display the thread word in every url link of my thread.

In the settings, I have seen that:

Announcement URL scheme
"Enter the Announcement URL scheme. By default this is Announcement-{url}. Please note that if you change this, you will also need to add a new rewrite rule in your .htaccess file. Leave empty to disable Google SEO URLs for Announcements."

Please someone tell me how to remove the thread, forum etc words in urls and what are the lines to be written in .htaccess file:

Waiting for reply,

These prefixes serve a purpose; they allow the rewrite rules to match only one specific URL type, and therefore allow them to forward each URL to the correct file, e.g. thread URLs go to showthread.php, forum URLs to forumdisplay.php, et cetera. You simply can not remove those identifiers in the URLs completely, as there is no code in Google SEO or MyBB which figures out what type an URL is.

What you can do is shorten them or replace them with something significant, for example you could replace Thread-{url} with t-{url}, or use {url}.t

So you'd get /jobs/t-Marketing-Executive or /jobs/Marketing-Executive.t

(2011-08-02, 07:50 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't edit multipage(), the pagination links won't be SEO, but of course if you also enabled Redirect it will take care of those links.

In MyBB 1.6 the multipage function is still there of course, with an optional parameter added:

function multipage($count, $perpage, $page, $url, $breadcrumb=false)
{

You leave the function declaration as is, and just add the Google SEO code underneath.

Thanks frostschutz, but what is the google seo code we need to use? The same as the documentation says?

Thanks again.
(2011-08-02, 01:03 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]These prefixes serve a purpose; they allow the rewrite rules to match only one specific URL type, and therefore allow them to forward each URL to the correct file, e.g. thread URLs go to showthread.php, forum URLs to forumdisplay.php, et cetera. You simply can not remove those identifiers in the URLs completely, as there is no code in Google SEO or MyBB which figures out what type an URL is.

What you can do is shorten them or replace them with something significant, for example you could replace Thread-{url} with t-{url}, or use {url}.t

So you'd get /jobs/t-Marketing-Executive or /jobs/Marketing-Executive.t

Thanks frostschutz for ur answer.

I will try them.

Frostschutz, if I disable profiles to guests, then there is not point on inserting profiles url into the sitemap, right?