MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For threads, events, announcements, etc., yes. For index / portal and other custom pages you'll have to make your own description and add it to the index / portal / other templates directly.
Sorry i used your defualt inc/settings.php
and in a-cp i got this error;

Quote:Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/movieman/public_html/inc/functions.php:1) - Line: 51 - File: admin/index.php PHP 5.2.13 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/admin/index.php 51 header

And i can't acess any topic
www.moviemania-pt.com
You've probably edited inc/functions.php with Windows notepad - it breaks PHP files.

Upload the unmodified file / use a different editor, for example Notepad++
Sorry but can't you send me a inc/functions already edited?
It's included in the package... for the latest MyBB 1.4 version that is.
frostschutz maybe you could help me and tell me what i have messed up
[attachment=19062]
I know it's something i have done cause it works here
[attachment=19063]

I am thinking that maybe because site map it cut up into 1000 but I have one 1018 but it must be more then that
I've installed, and am new to MyBB, but the rewrites do not work. I used the supplied functions file and the htaccess file supplied with the download, uploaded all files, and enabled the settings needed and the URL rewriting provides the rewritten URL's, but they all lead to 404 pages now.

Any idea what I might be missing here?
The .htaccess file is just an example, you have to adapt it. The example uses /MyBB/ paths which you usually won't have on your site. If you read the first few lines of the example it also says how you have to adapt it.

Also some hosts have strange setups; they may require the .htaccess file to look different to make the rewrite rules work. Check with your host whether they support mod_rewrite and or how to enable it.
Since the MyBB 1.6 release is coming up, for the impatient:
  • Google SEO already is 1.6 compatible (since 1.1.12).
  • All you have to do is edit the 1.6 inc/functions.php as described in the documentation. (The 1.4 functions.php won't work with 1.6)
  • I'll provide an already edited functions.php once 1.6 is released, but since the release is scheduled for 5am in my timezone, and I probably won't be able to do it in the morning, you might have to wait another day if you can't do the edits yourself. Toungue
frost, this is how I have my URL structure, what do I have to change?

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://electrojams.com/forum/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^([^./]+)/$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^thread/([^./]+)/$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^user/([^./]+)/$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /forum/misc.php?google_seo_error=404