MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This plugin consists of several files and it seems you haven't uploaded all of them.

inc/plugins/google_seo.php is present but inc/plugins/google_seo/plugin.php is missing

reupload all the files, there should be a folder inc/plugins/google_seo/ which contains 6 files

plus the language files
Well, I uploaded ALL of the files again. I still get the same errors. I even deleted the entire site and all of its components to make sure I didnt have files in the wrong place, still...after re installation and upload ...same errors.

I checked with my host to make sure that my plan meets all of the requirements for this plug in and, it does. Two techs worked on it for me for almost an hour and I got the same result from both: "Bad Code". I know it cant be bad code, or could it?

I spent the entire day today, installing, uninstalling, deleting rearranging, etc. I have to give up.

I read on a blog somewhere that a guy spent 100hrs trying to get this plug in to work. I am sure he, like me, doesn't really know what the heck is going on, so things don't go in their proper places. Though I have installed other plug ins for myBB forums with ease.

I wish there was a step by step instruction for this. Something a newbie can follow.Big Grin
By the way....I used a fresh download of this plug in for the final attempt.
Well, the files are in the archive, I just downloaded it myself from the mods site.

unzip 1407-1298374803-google_seo_1.1.13.zip
Archive: 1407-1298374803-google_seo_1.1.13.zip
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/CHANGELOG.txt
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/COPYING.txt
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/CREDITS.txt
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/INSTALL.txt
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/README.txt
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/UPDATE.txt
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/functions-googleseo.patch
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/functions.php-1.4.15-googleseo
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/functions.php-1.6.2-googleseo
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/htaccess.txt.example
creating: google_seo_1.1.13/inc/
creating: google_seo_1.1.13/inc/languages/
creating: google_seo_1.1.13/inc/languages/english/
creating: google_seo_1.1.13/inc/languages/english/admin/
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/inc/languages/english/admin/googleseo_plugin.lang.php
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/inc/languages/english/admin/googleseo_settings.lang.php
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/inc/languages/english/googleseo.lang.php
creating: google_seo_1.1.13/inc/plugins/
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/inc/plugins/google_seo.php
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/inc/plugins/google_seo.txt
creating: google_seo_1.1.13/inc/plugins/google_seo/
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/inc/plugins/google_seo/404.php
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/inc/plugins/google_seo/meta.php
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/inc/plugins/google_seo/plugin.php
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/inc/plugins/google_seo/redirect.php
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/inc/plugins/google_seo/sitemap.php
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php

inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/rewrite-lighttpd.txt
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/rewrite-nginx.txt
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/robots.txt.example
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/translate.php.german
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/translate.php.turkish
inflating: google_seo_1.1.13/translate.php.widelatin

Your error message Failed opening required '/home/mulepack/public_html/geekfort.com/boards/inc/plugins/google_seo/plugin.php' clearly states that this file is either missing or not readable, so it's a problem entirely on your end. There is nothing I can do about it. It's not the fault of the plugin.

All you have to do is upload the inc/ folder in the archive, so that the contents of this inc folder go into the inc/ folder of your board. Unless your FTP client is stupid, the files should all be uploaded and go in the correct place. Please verify that the files are present in their correct locations. If they're present but not readable, chmod them to make them readable.
(2009-03-09, 08:35 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]The development of this plugin started when Google released a document called "Google's Search Engine Optimization starter guide" in Nov 2008. After a long public beta phase the plugin finally reached stable status in March 2009.

The goal of this plugin is to implement SEO in MyBB according to the guidelines presented in Google's SEO starter guide, to make MyBB more friendly to both users and search engines.

This plugin requires Apache with mod_rewrite, MySQL, PHP with mbstring, and MyBB 1.4 with UTF-8 encoding. MySQL 5, PHP 5 is highly recommended. Unfortunately, one core file has to be modified to make SEO URLs work.

This plugin is free open source software (GPL). This means that you can download the plugin for free, modify it to your liking, and you don't have to put any copyright or backlinks on your page.

The plugin currently supports the following features (each of these can be configured separately):
  • Google SEO 404:
    - error pages return 404 error code instead of 200
    - add Google's 404 widget to 404 error pages
    - custom 404 error pages
  • Google SEO Meta:
    - generate description meta tags for forums / threads / etc.
    - specify canonical pages
  • Google SEO Redirect:
    - redirect old URLs to new URLs
    - this avoids URL breakage and double content
  • Google SEO Sitemap:
    - dynamic generation of XML Sitemaps
    - search engines find your content without crawling
  • Google SEO URL:
    - replace standard id based URLs (e.g. showthread.php?tid=12345) with name based URLs (e.g. Thread-some-subject)
    - UTF-8 in URLs is supported
    - uniquifier is applied for non-unique URLs

Changelog: http://mods.mybboard.net/change-log/google-seo
Download: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/google-seo
Git: http://github.com/frostschutz/Google-SEO (downloads, version history, issue tracker, wiki, etc. available here)

MyBB 1.6 for the impatient:
  • Google SEO is MyBB 1.6 compatible
  • The edited functions.php file is included in the archive.
  • Alternatively use the Patches plugin to modify inc/functions.php

If you come across any bugs, please report them in this thread or PM me, preferably with steps to reproduce. If you have any suggestions or proposals for feature enhancements, please post them in this thread. Thank you for your support!

To what folder exactly does one upload the Google SEO plug in to, and do they upload the folder, or open the Google SEO folder, and upload the raw content of the Google SEO folder to a specific folder on the server? I just uploaded a new forum on my domain and curious as to where I upload the Google SEO plug in to. Any directions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Please stop doing fullquotes for no reason.

The answer to your question is right there directly above your post anyway.
Big Grin Hi yah!

I was wondering how I can get the URL's to work, so that, instead of mysite/thread-583648264827.html it says mysite/the-threads-name-here

Or something along those lines. If possible. I've seen MyBB sites with it just can't figure out how to set it up xP

And uh... I uploaded functions.php and .htaccess with replacing /mybb/ with /forums/ and http://yoursite/ with http://forums.penhacks.net/

And my site is http://forums.penhacks.net

O_O

Did I tell you everything? xP
If your board resides in the root folder, you want to replace /mybb/ with /, not with /forums/. Other than that... you haven't asked a question. Did you install the plugin and enable the URL option? If something's missing it should say so on the plugins page.
I did ask a question. I want to change the links and Iono how to xP

My forums are at forums.penhacks.net so I just replaced it with /forums/

And uh... on the plugins page it says...

"Modifications to inc/functions.php are required for URL support. Please see the documentation for details"

But I uploaded the functions.php file that's included in the download. Three times hahaha.
Was there any changes between 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 as the mod seems to be working fine after upgrading to 1.6.2
>,< I got it all fixed.

I'm such a n00b. Don't even ask what I was doing wrong xD