MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have installed the plugin, but i have some question..

Current url formate is:
sitename.com/Forum-Feedback
sitename.com/Thread-Mybb-Is-Kool-Script

I want to make it:
sitename.com/forum-feedback.html
sitename.com/thread-mybb-is-kool-script.html

How can i do this?

I am not seo expert but should i really use "Forum" "Thread" keyword? is it not unnecessary word? and thank you so much to the author who made this.
see the url scheme settings

Quote:is it not unnecessary word?

you need something that distinguishes each type of url.

if you only use "abc" it's not clear whether abc should be a thread, forum, announcement, username or event. with "User-abc" "Thread-abc" etc. it's clear. You can use something else to distinguish the URLs, but you need something.

this is more due to technical limitations than due to seo reasons really
humm got it

but is it possible to use .html after the link?

and what if i use

sitename.com/mybb-is-kool-script-t.html
sitename.com/feedback-f.html
Yes, you can do that in the URL scheme settings.

There are only 2 limitations:

1) URL scheme must not conflict with any other scheme
2) Google SEO does not support / in URL (yet)
I upgraded my MYBB from 1.4.12 to 1.4.13 and also upgraded your google seo plugin to Google SEO (1.1.13). Before the upgrade (both the google seo plugin and MYBB) the URLS were search engine friendly. i.e they were like mysite.com/thread-number-one but (after the upgrade) now they are mysite.com/thread-1.html

I replaced my functions.php file with the one that was provided in the google seo plugin (not the patch), i also replaced my .htaccess file with the one provided in the plugin rar, and i replaced my robot.txt with the one provided in the plugin. The plugin is active. But i keep getting the following message on my plugin page

* Modifications to inc/functions.php are required for URL support. Please see the documentation for details.
* 404, Meta, Redirect, Sitemap and URL are enabled.

I have tried deactivate and reactive the plugin but no use the issue is still the same. I even tried manually editing the original functions.php file but it didn't work . any help would appreciated thanks cheers.
then you have not made the (correct) modifications to inc/functions.php
double check that you got the right file
(2010-05-06, 11:22 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]then you have not made the (correct) modifications to inc/functions.php
double check that you got the right file

hmm i got it right the third time....thanks
On the index page, it seems to have ?action=lastpost when clicking on the thread links, which I don't believe is SEO friendly.
Google seo add cannonical tag, well google index good links. ;-)
The only alternative would be Thread-Subject--lastpost, which would be bad, as that's the same mistake MyBB Search Engine Friendly URLs make - it gives the same content more than one static name, which Google will see as a duplicate page.

Google can recognize ?parameters just fine, and it can even recognize which of them are necessary, and you can even go into Google Webmaster Tools and tell it directly which ?parameters to ignore completely. With a static name, this isn't possible, hence each item (forum, thread, etc) should have only one static name, and leave everything else in the dynamic part of the URL.

?action=lastpost is actually one of the more useful ones. If we're talking SEO unfriendly, then ?action=nextoldest or ?action=nextnewest should be the ones to mention. These actions shouldn't exist, instead MyBB should link to the next / previous thread directly.

Unfortunately that is behaviour of MyBB that is not easy to fix in a plugin, as there are no hooks for this what so ever. I have to draw a line somewhere, to keep things somewhat simple. Such a change should be done in MyBB directly.