MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So you want an arbitrary redirect target for threads... implementing this with Google SEO would be very hard. Especially since anyone can write a new thread with the same title as the old deleted one, thus take over the old URL, which would then remove this redirection.

If you don't delete the thread, I think I've already seen a thread redirect plugin somehwere on here, which does arbitrary redirects to other sites.
hey frost can there be a seo url friendly for blogs ?

take a look at this mod ...

http://mods.mybboard.net/view/myblogs

it would be nice to have seo friendly urls for blogs, let me know if it can be done and how ?

thanks
This is still the best plugin available for MyBB. Anyone who doesn't have this running needs to get in on it.
@technoman,
There's not much I can do about pages generated by third party plugins. You'd have to talk to the myblogs author directly.

@Bey Brad,
thanks for the flowers Big Grin but there's still room for improvement Rolleyes
(2009-06-09, 08:43 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]@technoman,
There's not much I can do about pages generated by third party plugins. You'd have to talk to the myblogs author directly.

ok thanks for honest response frost
Is there any way to redirect "Thread-some-subject" urls to my normal "thread-1234.html"? I mean I had it installed & uninstalled & in between that some serious amount got cached which I need to redirect if possible! I don't want to install it back...

Thanks in advance.
You shouldn't have uninstalled it then.

Google SEO Redirect redirects to the currently valid URL of a thread, and if you just set Google SEO URL to no instead of uninstalling it, it would've redirected them URLs back to the original showthread.php?tid=x or thread-x.html depending on your SEF setting. This is also described in the documentation.

If you already uninstalled Google SEO, you'll have lost the mybb_google_seo table that holds the URL <-> ID mapping. You'd have to reinstall, and restore that table from a recent backup, in order to get data about renamed threads etc. back. Or let Google SEO rebuild its table by enabling URL for a while.

There is no way to redirect the URLs back to the original without keeping the plugin around. That's the downside of removing IDs from the URL, without the plugin there is no way of knowing which thread an id free URL refers to.

Actually, I have to eat my own words. Setting URL to no is how it worked back in the beta, now you have to replace the functions.php file with the original but leave both redirect and url enabled. The documentation states it correctly. Sorry, I forget my head sometimes... Smile
How can i add the Thread ID and Forum ID on the SEO, i test on the htaccess but theres no way.

To look like this:

www.myforum.com/the-thread-url-46423/

I want it cause maybe whe have a thread with same name or only for look it better, so how can i add it?

¿?
I released a minor update to Google SEO, new version 1.1.3 now supports meta / canonical on Lite (Archive) Mode pages (special thanks to "Michael S" for suggesting an albeit obscure way to modify those!), as well as enforcing the URL uniquifier for those who absolutely want to have the ID in every URL.

@rafaweb,
I don't recommend it, but try the new version (once it's validated), set uniquifier to "{$url}{$separator}{$id}" and set URL uniquifier enforcer to yes. It will use the uniquifier (and therefore append the ID) to every URL without exception then.

This is more a hack than a real feature; from its original design Google SEO goes great lengths to remove the ID, and it's not really a good idea to add it back this way. Therefore this option will be removed in a future version of Google SEO in favour of a more powerful URL scheme. However since that requires a database change, it won't be before version 1.2.x or later.
Ok, i try on the new version cause i was try in the actually and dont work.

So you will add the id on the further version?

Thanks.
So, is there a way to add the ID?