MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://gfxforums.net/sitemap-index.xml
It is enabled, what's wrong?
Since http://gfxforums.net/misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=index works fine, I'm guessing your rewrite rule is not working right. Check if you're using the correct rewrite, alternatively you can just use the misc.php form when you remove the scheme in the sitemap settings.
# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap\-index\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

That's it.
That's wrong. It should be (.*) instead of index in the rewrite rule. The plugin should tell you so on the plugins page in the admin cp. If you have the correct rule in your .htaccess already, remove this bad one.

EDIT:

Ah, it seems you set the scheme to sitemap-index.xml? it should be sitemap-{url}.xml
I changed it to {url} and corrected htaccess, now the page cannot be found.
Looks like you're still not using the correct rewrite or setting.
(2011-05-03, 05:19 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]1) that was the reply for the guy before you Toungue

OMG! But still you did not answer? Sad
Quote:hey frostschutz,

i've been watching my google search results very closely since implementing google seo, and it's been all positive.

one thing i noticed this morning (as i only have about thirty search results) is that the same thread appeared twice:

1. thread-title

2. thread-title?action=lastpost

seems like this might be duplicate content,

since we blocked next newest and next oldest threads,

would it be a good idea to block "last post"

like this:

Disallow: /*action=lastpost*

Big Grin
Sorry if im repeating something already mentioned. But after updating to 1.6.3, I overwrote the funtions.php made for the google seo plugin.

Is there a new funtions.php for the plugin with 1.6.3 or will the old one still work?
nope, there's no function.php in the Mybb 1.6.3 update files