MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
4 is the number of the last post in that thread. MyBB can't take you to the last post without knowing where the last post is.
As I figured (on my post). I would, however, like to know if there is a way to not show this info - as I wrote: "I would like to see a clean address".
If there was an easy and painless way to remove the pid from the URL, then Google SEO would already do just that. Unfortunately there is no such way. In theory you could remove the pid and replace it with a page number (by querying the posting and finding out on which page of the thread it can be found), and you also could come up with a way somehow to rename the #pid anchors to something else, but it's just not a feasible thing to do in practice. Apart from the technical problems (getting it right is not an easy feat because there are no hooks nowhere to change those links directly), having to query additional information about each thread for each link that is created on a page, it would be just too expensive and cause too much load for any reasonably sized forum.
Thanks for the explenations. I thought that it is, only, a change needed to apply in the '.htaccess' file.
Well, of course you can simply remove the pid from the URL with a .htaccess redirect. However when you do that, you completely lose the functionality, i.e. links to a specific posting will simply no longer work but always lead to the first page of a thread.
frostschutz, i have a question ...

would you have time to install this on my forum, im using the other SEO and tried but of course no success, its probally cause of the other SEO being that it is enabled ... but i use TEAMVIEWER --> ( remote access ) and if you want i can give you acess to my server so you can isnatll it for me if you have time today, let me know and i will send you the personal info threw private and hope you can help ... thanks!
technoman, I'd prefer not having to install this on other peoples forums. I don't want access to your server (and therefore your and your users data). You should really install this yourself, after all it's your forum, you're responsible for it, you're the one who has to make sure that it still works when you update your MyBB or whatever. If you enounter any questions or problems during install, ask here and I'll be glad to help.
fair enough, thanks for replying
Google Seo runs more query....do you decrease them?
Well, originally in the beta phase, Google SEO used several hundred queries for each page. Wink

Google SEO collects IDs beforehand and then tries to fetch as many URLs as possible in a single SQL query. All queries use a database index so the queries themselves don't cause the SQL server much trouble. And all URLs that were fetched once for a page are cached, so if you have several links to the same item on a page (for example several threads that were written by one person), for the subsequent occurences of an item it will use the cached result.

Basically all parts of MyBB where MyBB itself uses a cache can be optimized for Google SEO. In some parts, MyBB doesn't use a cache but goes through a query result itself (while row=...), in this case unfortunately no optimization can be done by Google SEO without further changes to MyBB core code. And I want to keep the number of these changes as low as possible even if it causes a couple of additional queries here and there.

Long story short, I already put every optimization I can think of into Google SEO during the three month beta phase, if that's not enough there is little I can do to help you; if you notice a difference of a couple SQL queries (in this case the simplest kind of SQL query imaginable, just plainly looking stuff up from an indexed table) then the database of your host may be just too slow.