MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hm, MyBB Seo can change % to # well it is possible.
# is a client side thing that makes your browser jump to a specific part of the page, so for a #lastpost to work the URL before would have to be appended by ?page=last or something (and a lastpost anchor would have to be defined on the page itself). Otherwise you end up on a page that does not even contain the last post.

This is also the reason why links to a post look so complicated (?pid=123#pid123). The parameter pid=123 makes MyBB open the thread at the correct page whereas #pid123 makes your browser jump to the correct position on that page.

Google is perfectly fine with ? so there will be no change in that regard.
Spent ages trying to understand why url rewriting was not working.

Finally got it working after changing my site file in /etc/apache2/sites-availiable/

<Directory /var/www/>
                Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
                AllowOverride none
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
        </Directory>

to:
        <Directory /var/www/>
                Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
                AllowOverride All
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
        </Directory>
Just installed this plugin, and http://electrojams.com/forum/sitemap-index.xml cannot be found. I added the rule to /forum/.htaccess

This works though: http://electrojams.com/forum/misc.php?go...emap=index

What gives?
(2009-12-15, 12:53 AM)_jordan Wrote: [ -> ]What gives?

The sitemap shows up fine but the rewrite rule does not work.

You can remove the Sitemap URL scheme from the sitemap settings and be happy with misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=index for the sitemap since this way no rewrites are required at all (if you are not planning to use Google SEO URL). Or you can find out why your webserver doesn't rewrite stuff and fix that...
I am sorry if this have been asked before, i searched and skimmed the entire thread, but could have missed it.

When i use the sort option.. for example forumdisplay.php?fid=4&datecut=9999&sortby=views&order=desc

It doesn't work on the multipage thing?
Nice catch. I never use sorting / datecut options so I never noticed Google SEO was removing them in the multipage. I'll fix it in the next release, until then as a workaround you can just revert inc/functions.php::multipage() function to its original version. Then the multipage links will go to showthread.php? with the correct sorting options, and Google SEO Redirect will redirect them to their Google SEO URLs.
can some one give me a step by step demo or tutorial.
I am not getting the .htaccess changes and also the other stuff like apache changes.
I hope i dont make any security hole by some wrong changes.
1.1.8 fixes the multipage issue, thanks for reporting!

@learner,
not sure I understand your problem, can you be more specific? Reading the documentation should get you up and running, plus there's a status displayed on the plugins page in case anything is missing. The installation process isn't hard, you basically just upload, install & activate, enable the stuff you want in settings, check the plugin status, modify whatever is shown there, and you're done.
frost, do we have to install the whole thing again or is there just a change of line and if so what line is it and where?

thank you