MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fixed... Godaddy allows you to create a php5.ini file which then you can add this code

allow_call_time_pass_reference = on

and it fixes it

:p

THANKS FOR THIS GREAT MOD Smile
There I noticed that the second part of the message You wrote to the classic and I removed one &

if(google_seo_plugin_is_installed() &
       $plugins_cache['active']['google_seo']) 

Now all works great Big Grin. Thanks Man
I found some (usually minor) security / privacy issues with this plugin while working on Google SEO Meta. Basically it generates descriptions for a thread, giving away the first couple of words, even if the user is actually shown a no permissions page. A similar issue exists with Redirect and URL. See first post for details.

I'm working on a solution.
I just noticed but in 1.4.5 they added a SEO system. I don't know if that was in early verison or not. I was going though the settings and there it was :p Look under Server Settings
How do I upgrade from 1.0.2 - to this version?

should I only overwrite the old files?
cybertooth, just deactivate the plugin (not uninstall), upload the new files, activate the plugin.
Got it ..

thank you very much ..
Thanks for the update functions file Big Grin
So I guess 25 pages of posts means this is the most popular SEO plugin available, right?
(2009-04-19, 01:37 AM)okitai Wrote: [ -> ]@mybbfan,
* Did you fallow ALL the instructions? To remind you, you either need to edit the /inc/functions.php file or copy the patched one in the plugin's zip file - without this the plugin won't work!

Hi, there are 5 things to enable:
404 is disabled.
Meta is disabled.
Redirect is disabled.
Sitemap is disabled.
URL is disabled.

I was starting with the first one (404) which does not require editing functions.php. Its required by the 5th "Google SEO URL ". In order to activate 404 you only need add that line to htaces file. Unless plugin won't work untill all 5 are enabled (I though you can enable some of them and leave some of the disabled)..

So basicly I started with the first one and added 404 line into htacces and expected to see this after I added the required line:
404 is enabled.
Meta is disabled.
Redirect is disabled.
Sitemap is disabled.
URL is disabled.

Also I have another question :

- Google SEO Meta:

Go to Admin CP, Templates & Style, and add the following line
to your headerinclude template:

{$google_seo_meta}

where do I find headerinclude template?

I go to templates and style, then choose my template and see:

global.css
Attached to all pages Options
usercp.css (Inherited from MyBB Master Style)
Attached to usercp.php, usercp2.php, and private.php Options
modcp.css (Inherited from MyBB Master Style)
Attached to modcp.php Options
star_ratings.css (Inherited from MyBB Master Style)
Attached to forumdisplay.php, and showthread.php Options
showthread.css (Inherited from MyBB Master Style)
Attached to showthread.php

where is that headerinclude thing? Maybe it would be easier if I knew which file to edit manually so I could download it from ftp, edit and upload it again?

Yeah I know it is stupid not to find it.. and it is stupid to take few days to install this plugin Blush